No announcement yet.

Pre-Martinez 2 Paul Williams vs GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Martinez 2 Paul Williams vs GGG

Who wins? I got GGG winning by an overhand right KO against the taller Williams despite Williams' activity rate.
    Paul Williams
    53.19%
    Gennady "GGG" Golovkin
    46.81%

Anybody that picks Paul Williams should have their heads checked.

Comment

GGG by mid round TKO. Gotta respect Williams for moving up in weight for challenges because nobody wanted to fight him, but his power didn't carry up to 16O.

Comment

never thought much of pw the fighter. he was too eager to throw punches and often smothered his own shots. had a very frail body to boot.

not a 3g fan but i feel he would have caught pw by the 8th.

Comment

His speed and range might give GGG problems but I see GGG pulling it out. Now GGG vs Prime Serg is where it's at.

Comment

come on man this is a mismatch, punisher was a welterweight and ggg just destroyed a welterweight who was better than punisher. them chicken legs of pauls would buckled once ggg started landing the body shots

Comment

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
              His speed and range might give GGG problems but I see GGG pulling it out. Now GGG vs Prime Serg is where it's at.
              What range? Williams never fought tall and always gave up his advantages of height and reach.

Plus his defence wasn't the best around, GGG would catch him, hurt him, stop him.

Comment

It' would be close. I'd say a draw with Paul winning more rounds on activity, but GGG knocking him down a couple times. Then again GGG hits harder than Sergio

Comment

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
                  slow, plodding margarito gave pw a hard time. the same shlt with porter. their corners tell them to stop smothering their punches to no avail.

prime serg would have too many tools for 3g. power, speed, southpaw, above avg chin, excellent counter puncher....

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    What range? Williams never fought tall and always gave up his advantages of height and reach.

Plus his defence wasn't the best around, GGG would catch him, hurt him, stop him.
                    too true. the best of pw was also the worst of him. so concerned with being a ''warrior'' he refused to make adjustments.

Comment

Working...
                    X