Collapse
No announcement yet.

Takam just got destroyed by Povetkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's a testament to how good Wlad is, he mowed down Povetkin, and Povetkin just KOd a dude a lot of people had on the short list for a title shot. Povetkin is still a top 5 HW and Wlad is head and shoulders #1 and should be high up on p4p lists too.

Comment

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
      it's a testament to how good Wlad is, he mowed down Povetkin, and Povetkin just KOd a dude a lot of people had on the short list for a title shot. Povetkin is still a top 5 HW and Wlad is head and shoulders #1 and should be high up on p4p lists too.
      Sorry but I'm not convinced by this triangle theory I agree that Povetkin is good but I'd like him face the other top fighters like Stiverne.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
        Sorry but I'm not convinced by this triangle theory I agree that Povetkin is good but I'd like him face the other top fighters like Stiverne.
        him and stiverne would be an awesome fight. id give the slight edge to pvetkin as he's busier but wouldnt shock me if stiverne caught him with that sneaky right hand of his. povetkin/wilder is aalso intriguing

Comment

Good fight, great opponent for Povetkin, Takam is a strong HW and nothing to take lightly!

Povetkin is a world class fighter! Make no mistake!

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
            If Povetkin fought Stiverne and LOST, that doesn't detract from Povetkin either!

Because Stiverne is also a world class fighter of very high calibre. It is no shame to lose to this level of opposition!

Historically boxers have been PRAISED for their losses (they are turned into virtues). These days you can be labelled a bum for losing single fights to top comp. Can you see the double standards and irrational mythical standards current HW's are held to?

On the one hand, fans want top boxers to all face each other and it's boxing there can only be one winner!

But then when they DO and one LOSES you want to label him unworthy!

Well it cannot be both ways!

The truth is today, the top 15 or so boxers tbh are ALL very, very good!

Comment

Thats was a come from behind KO for Povetkin and he was verry tired. Takam won more rounds even though he was not able to go a high pace as usual. Takam in the past looked like a fighter who can go 12 with a high pace. This time though he was tired after 8 rounds, even though the pace was much lower. It was not a good fight until the KO. I expected more from BOTH fighters so it was a bit disapointing to me. At least we saw a great knockout, that was a beauty really. I never thought Povetkin would stop Takam.
              I thought Takam would outwork Povetkin and stop a tired Povetkin late.
              But maybe i was just watching to manny lower division fights so maybe im expecting to much from these heavyweights.
              Heavyweights really suck these times.
              Last edited by Tobi.G; 10-25-2014, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
                The Division is just to weak to rank Wlad in the Top5 p4p list.

Comment

Povetkin vs. Perez next!

Comment

Both of these guys are for real. Really didn't see either getting the kayo but Takam did hurt Povetkin too. They both have good power even though they're not huge one punch punchers for the division. Takam is probably H2H up there with anybody else in the contender section even if he's not rated that way. Love to see a Takam/Perez rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
                      people seem to forget wlad also dropped him 4 times. it was ugly as all hell but its not like povetkin didnt take any big punches. takham didnt have the power to dupilicate what wlad did regardless of what style hed choose
                      Wladimir for all his sins did try to make a fight of it,Povetkin isn't exempt from the blame with the excessive coming together,clinching,refer to the Huck vs Povetkin fight to see he has employed dirty tactics like this before his unification.

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
                      The Division is just to weak to rank Wlad in the Top5 p4p list.
                      You wouldn't rank Wlad a top 5 ATG ? Name five alone above him for me please.

Originally posted by kombayn View Post
                      Povetkin vs. Perez next!
                      Perez blow his chances by being a lazy ass,not once but twice.he can come back but it's like he can't be bothered after the fifth ! His workrate is reminiscent of Solis,to be compared to that guy is really tragic.

Comment

Working...
                      X