Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vargas To Kell Brook: I Already Signed, Let's Get This Over With!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vargas To Kell Brook: I Already Signed, Let's Get This Over With!

Newly crowned WBO welterweight champion Jessie Vargas (27-1) is ready to put his belt on the line and travel to IBF welterweight champion Kell Brook's backyard to unify titles. In an article that ran on BoxingScene.com earlier this week, Brook's trainer Dominic Ingle said his fighter wasn't happy with the money being offered by his promoter Eddie Hearn. He said that as the champion, Brook feels he deserves to get the bigger purse.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Brook is going to have to take short money to get this fight done. He needs the name and belt. His competition has been horrible considering how long he's been a pro boxer. He's not going to get any other welterweights to come over to fight him. He has to take this fight and look at the bigger picture. A win sets him up for a bigger fight with Spence, in America, and likely on network TV.

I've been defending Brook's competition because I know how hard it is to get top level American fighters over there. I never thought he cherry picked opponents. I never thought he was afraid of the top WW's. But if he doesn't take this fight then all the talk of him being a cherry pick is true and I was wrong.

Comment

If Brook wanted the bigger piece of the pie, he shouldve accepted the Vegas terms. I think Brook is worried about 1 of 2 things, or both and thats making weight and getting his @$$ beat.

Comment

Brook should take short money if he wants to continue to fight guys that can't punch

Comment

Brook killed all his momentum after the Porter win. He can get it back by fighting Vargas

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            I never thought he cherry picked opponents. I never thought he was afraid of the top WW's.
            Jackiewicz
            Galarza
            M. Hatton
            Carson Jones
            Saldivia
            Carson Jones
            Senchenko
            Robles
            Porter
            Jo Jo Dan
            Gavin
            Bizier

That is Brook's resume over the past 5 years... Lol, how could you not feel he avoids and cherry picks??!!

Brook is a joke. He looked fat on TV, he goes back to random dude's apartments on his own and gets stabbed and pulls out of fights randomly and often. He doesn't really want this, he wants Denton Vassell in another domestic bout most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by springfiels View Post
              Jackiewicz
              Galarza
              M. Hatton
              Carson Jones
              Saldivia
              Carson Jones
              Senchenko
              Robles
              Porter
              Jo Jo Dan
              Gavin
              Bizier

That is Brook's resume over the past 5 years... Lol, how could you not feel he avoids and cherry picks??!!
              Brook is a joke. He looked fat on TV, he goes back to random dude's apartments on his own and gets stabbed and pulls out of fights randomly and often. He doesn't really want this, he wants Denton Vassell in another domestic bout most likely.
              It's more Hearn fault because he's spent all these years waiting on Khan because he knows all the WW's are in America and Khan was the only fighter that could make him a star in the UK. I admit his resume is trash. I think it's been a case of bad management and promoting

Comment

A few months ago most Brits where boasting how everyone was ducking Kell Brook, funny how things change in boxing in just a few months.

Comment

Yo Kell! **** just got real! Vargas or Spence Jr.? Choose or die!

Comment

dont flatter yourself vargas its obviously not a hes scared of you thing its an obvious money issue which only got worse im sure with the british exit from the eu

Comment

Working...
                    X