Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have that gif image of Calzaghe throwing sissy slaps at Peter Manfredo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
    He has to be and he is Jeff Lacy in real life but he did make 3 of Joe's stoppages look very bad in 1 thread. I knew about the Manfredo one even though Joe was clearly winning the fight and its Manfredo's fault for not returning fire but why were those fights stopped?

It's not being biased to ask a question like "How come the same ref that let Khan fight on against Prescott stopped the Calzaghe-Manfredo fight."

It s perfect example of how far British Refs will go to aid a British fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
      It's not being biased to ask a question like "How come the same ref that let Khan fight on against Prescott stopped the Calzaghe-Manfredo fight."

It s perfect example of how far British Refs will go to aid a British fighter.
      Money is involved, trust me that ref is paid big time. You know damn well if that was Calzaghe getting hit by those slaps(like say if Manfredo was hitting him with slaps like that and Calzaghe covered up. They would not stop it!) by his opponent the fight would not be stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

2 kills with 1 flurry
        That is just so sad that I can't find the words... you could see calzaghe loading up the punch that he hit the ref with too..

That means all of his other slaps were weaker than the one the ref couldn't feel.. lmfao...

Comment

Originally posted by starkiller View Post
          Money is involved, trust me that ref is paid big time. You know damn well if that was Calzaghe getting hit by those slaps(like say if Manfredo was hitting him with slaps like that and Calzaghe covered up. They would not stop it!) by his opponent the fight would not be stopped.
          Another Classic British Stoppage:

Comment

Originally posted by Rbgnwo View Post
            That is just so sad that I can't find the words... you could see calzaghe loading up the punch that he hit the ref with too..

That means all of his other slaps were weaker than the one the ref couldn't feel.. lmfao...
            What a powerful uppercut that ref felt!

Comment

2 kills with 1 flurry
              I lol'd....

Comment

I don't see how anybody can defend Calzaghe on this. Daggum pretty much summed up what needs to be said. He took the easy way to the top with a padded resume and an amateurish technique. No way to argue around it.

Comment

My grandmother walked in while I was watching that gif and she almost had a heart attack. She's never seen such violence in her life.

Comment

what other great fighters have so many stoppages like that? none. they all had to earn their victories. just because a fighter is winning a fight doesn't mean it should be stopped especially when the other fighter isn't hurt in any way. things can change in fights. those fighters weren't even given a chance.

calzaghe conned his way through most of his career with the help of a biased ref and sub par opponents to ensure he would not be beaten. he manned up and beat some good opponents like lacy and kessler and fought hopkins(lost) but when tough challengers presented themselves he chose to fight roy jones and retire. he was a nobody who tried to sneak in and become a legend without earning it. most people were not fooled.
                    I don't know if any other fighters have stoppages like that, tbh I don't have the time to go through other boxers' entire career catalogues to find out. I'm pretty sure every fighter will have a couple of questionable stoppages to their name. You obviously have a chip on your shoulder with regards to Calzaghe.

Roy Jones doesn't have a much better resume than Calzaghe

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                      Another Classic British Stoppage:

That was pretty awful, it also illustrates how much needless muscle weight Haye has put on since then and why he was sucking so much wind in the corner during the Ruiz fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X