Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 Billy V.2: Whats the difference between Jack Johnson & Jack Dempsey DOUBLE STANDARD

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Billy V.2: Whats the difference between Jack Johnson & Jack Dempsey DOUBLE STANDARD

F.Y.I yeah I did just watch the Jack Johnson documentary this past weekend and have been studying the **** outta him ever since and Jab's little thing has helped me dig more and more which I'm lovin' it! haha

But anyways, they hype the **** outta 5'8'' Harry Greb with the statement that 6'1'' Jack Dempsey ducked him after giving him hell in sparring sessions, but they give 6'1'' Jack Johnson NO CREDIT or a lot of people don't for beating up 5'7'' Tommy Burns who was even heavyweight champion WHO JOHNSON WON THE TITLE FROM.

I know the part about the sparring sessions you guys will bring up, but Blackburn a lightweight gave Johnson trouble in sparring too and went to brag on and on about it. SO WHY DIDN'T JOHNSON FIGHT HIM????????

You can say well "Greb beat Tunney who beat Dempsey" but that's playing into triangle theories that well all know don't work and also Dempsey was coming off a huge 3 years layoff when he beat him. "but he won the rematch" who the hell comes back the same after a 3 year layoff? Only Ali has done that in my knowledge and he was in his physical prime, not to mention Dempsey party'd alot which is never good for the long term fighters health.

(Thats right jab I'm coming straight at yo motha****in neck dog! )

Dempsey literally faught EVERYONE Greb had beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      Dempsey literally faught EVERYONE Greb had beat.
      haha alright I can dig that. Let me re-clarify where I was going with that because I think I might have ****ed up the direction. Why doesn't Johnson get credit for beating somebody just as small as Greb? Johnson would have definitely fought him but probably wouldn't have got the credit. How come he gets no credit whereas Dempsey gets *****'d on for not fighting the smaller guy?

Comment

The Ray Mancini - Duk Koo Km bout sent ripples through the heart of the game, they can still be felt today..............Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by led's baby mama View Post
          haha alright I can dig that. Let me re-clarify where I was going with that because I think I might have ****ed up the direction. Why doesn't Johnson get credit for beating somebody just as small as Greb? Johnson would have definitely fought him but probably wouldn't have got the credit. How come he gets no credit whereas Dempsey gets *****'d on for not fighting the smaller guy?
          Tommy Burns had no where near the resume that greb had.

a better comparison would be how come johnson gets little credit for beating ketchel.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
            F.Y.I yeah I did just watch the Jack Johnson documentary this past weekend and have been studying the **** outta him ever since and Jab's little thing has helped me dig more and more which I'm lovin' it! haha

But anyways, they hype the **** outta 5'8'' Harry Greb with the statement that 6'1'' Jack Dempsey ducked him after giving him hell in sparring sessions, but they give 6'1'' Jack Johnson NO CREDIT or a lot of people don't for beating up 5'7'' Tommy Burns who was even heavyweight champion WHO JOHNSON WON THE TITLE FROM.

I know the part about the sparring sessions you guys will bring up, but Blackburn a lightweight gave Johnson trouble in sparring too and went to brag on and on about it. SO WHY DIDN'T JOHNSON FIGHT HIM????????

You can say well "Greb beat Tunney who beat Dempsey" but that's playing into triangle theories that well all know don't work and also Dempsey was coming off a huge 3 years layoff when he beat him. "but he won the rematch" who the hell comes back the same after a 3 year layoff? Only Ali has done that in my knowledge and he was in his physical prime, not to mention Dempsey party'd alot which is never good for the long term fighters health.

(Thats right jab I'm coming straight at yo motha****in neck dog! )

Greb beat all the best fighters Dempsey chose to fight instead of him, that is a duck. Johnson had no choice but to fight Burns if he wanted the title. You're bringing up Blackburn but he wasn't beating the crap out of all of Johnsons top comp and trying to force a fight. To go one step further, Blackburn went to prison for 5 years shortly after Johnson won the title.

Comment

Sparring sessions don't really equate what happens in true fights. I've been Boxing for years, and when your sparring, you just don't have that same fire as you do during a fight. I don't think Greb could ever seriously beat Dempsey. He can outmove and whack him a lot of times, but he'd never be able to knock him out, whereas Dempsey coulld take him out in a single punch. Same with Johnsonn and Blackburn. I just can't ever see Blackburn beating him.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Greb beat all the best fighters Dempsey chose to fight instead of him, that is a duck. Johnson had no choice but to fight Burns if he wanted the title. You're bringing up Blackburn but he wasn't beating the crap out of all of Johnsons top comp and trying to force a fight. To go one step further, Blackburn went to prison for 5 years shortly after Johnson won the title.
                Interesting...what for?

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                  Interesting...what for?
                  He killed his wife and 2 other people. He was sentenced for longer but got out on good behavior for giving the wardens children boxing lessons.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    He killed his wife and 2 other people. He was sentenced for longer but got out on good behavior for giving the wardens children boxing lessons.
                    Wow thats a shock didn't know Blackburn was such a horrible person, thanks for the info, green on the way.

Comment

Working...
                    X