• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the wii sells 600,000+ units

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/747/747728p1.html

i wont be surprised if it shifts 2 million units by january

Comment

That’s really good news for Nintendo as North America is sort of an achilles heel for them. SNES, N64 and GC were all soundly beaten by the competitors in years gone by there.

Comment

Originally posted by Liaison View Post
        That’s really good news for Nintendo as North America is sort of an achilles heel for them. SNES, N64 and GC were all soundly beaten by the competitors in years gone by there.
        .....What? SNES and N64 did ridiculously well.... especially the SNES. GC was smashed pretty hard though.

Comment

SNES did out sell the Genesis worldwide and the N64 sold extremely well, but in North America (the only major market the wii is sold in), Genesis outsold the SNES (by a lot) and the Playstation outsold the N64 (by even more).

Japan is the market where Nintendo shines as the DS has proven.

Comment

SNES did out sell the Genesis worldwide and the N64 sold extremely well, but in North America (the only major market the wii is sold in), Genesis outsold the SNES (by a lot) and the Playstation outsold the N64 (by even more).

Since when the **** was the Wii not sold in Europe and Japan?

Comment

Date today: December 1st

Wii Release Dates:
              North America: 19th November
              Japan: 2nd December
              Europe: 8th December

So that means the US is the only major market the wii is currently sold in, no?

Comment

Date today: December 1st

Wii Release Dates:
                North America: 19th November
                Japan: 2nd December
                Europe: 8th December

So that means the US is the only major market the wii is currently sold in, no?
                You didn't say currently.

And according to someone I know who is in Japan right now, it is being sold in Japan. Of course, it's not under the same name as the one in North America (it's the Famicon Gangstar or something like that), but it's still being sold there.... he said he wasn't 100% sure though. This is as of Dec. 1, not Dec. 2.

That'd be really weird if Japan didn't get it first. It'd kill the phrase, "Japan always gets them first," because it wouldn't be true anymore.
                Last edited by BadMagick; 12-02-2006, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Hah, I don't ****ing buy it. SHow me market numbers how the Genesis possibly outsold the SNES, even if only in North America. I don't buy that for 1/2 a second given the number of Genesis's I see comapred to the SNES's. I'd wager 10,000 points it didn't outsell the SNES... I just can't ****ing buy that. And yes, N64 was outsold by Playstation like... 2:1, but was still hardly bad.

Oh, and don't forget that while the GC didn't do extremely well it sold about as many units as the Xbox.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt E Gomez View Post
                    Hah, I don't ****ing buy it. SHow me market numbers how the Genesis possibly outsold the SNES, even if only in North America. I don't buy that for 1/2 a second given the number of Genesis's I see comapred to the SNES's. I'd wager 10,000 points it didn't outsell the SNES... I just can't ****ing buy that. And yes, N64 was outsold by Playstation like... 2:1, but was still hardly bad.

Oh, and don't forget that while the GC didn't do extremely well it sold about as many units as the Xbox.
                    The SNES was the best selling 16 bit system ever.

As far as the N64 - PS1 - Saturn:

* Nintendo 64: 32.93 Million as of March 31, 2005 (Japan: 5.54, The Americas: 20.63, Other Regions: 6.75)[2]
                    * PlayStation: 102.49 Million shipped as of March 31, 2005 (Japan: 21.59, USA: 40.78, Europe: 40.12)[5]
                    * Sega Saturn: 9.26 Million as of December 2004 (Japan: 5.74, Other: 3.52)[3]
                    Last edited by 75th; 12-03-2006, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X