Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do People Forget Cotto Calls The Shots Against Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
    Look at Dunn and Raheem bringing up Showtime numbers and... Floyd doesn't even fight on Showtime. Dunn, you haven't proven anything except your lack of IQ once again, Showtime is making money overall because of subscriptions. However, they are losing money whenever Floyd does a PPV. I don't know how you can't get that small issue resolved in your brain, they are not the same thing. The NFL makes a sh*load of money off of Patriots games, there is a reason they black out the Jaguar games, because they lose money. Overall the NFL makes money but there are area's where their bottom line is affected, the Floyd situation is no different.

Again, Floyd fights on PPV not Showtime so why you bring up subscription numbers is irrelevant. I'm talking PPV buys and you keep saying "People are watching Showtime." When was Floyd's last Showtime fight? Really the only proof you need to know CBS/Showtime is losing money is them talking to a rival network about making a fight. Why would CBS want to split the profits they are RAKING in (supposedly) with NBC, because they are a good hearted corporation?
    showtime replays every one of Floyd's ppv fights the next week. they also air his all access shows and did a documentary one on CBS, one on showtime, when Floyd signed the deal.

do you have anything to support your opinion? you also have yet to answer why they haven't exercised the out clause since, as you claim, they are losing money. so they are just losing money and not exercising the mechanism that can stop this?

I have proven your statement that showtime is losing money to be false. you have notproduced any proof that SHOWTIME doesn't profit from Floyd's ppv fights. you guessed at what it might be based on some formula you have no idea if its actually valid. you are just guessing.

JUst produce something to support your argument. MD at least got a quarterly report. post something that corroborates your opinion. anything.
    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 10-08-2014, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by UTEP View Post
      Cotto vs Canelo Cinco de Mayo weekend at MSG. Book it.
      I think is this will be the agreement/ compromise.

I wonder how much money it will be offered to Cotto?

Comment

• not sure if i posted this yet, but i think canelo is actually the bigger fighter, but he will acquiesce because i think it is about legacy for him

Comment

Working...
        X