Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oscar challenges Floyd to promotional battle...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Canelo vs Cotto happens in May then the only guy Floyd could fight would be Manny. Otherwise, he gets blown off the date. I don't see why it matters to him anyway if he's not fighting a Mexican.

Comment

And if GGG vs Ward is on that same card I'd pay about $90 for that PPV..

Comment

the funny thing is everyone use to say that Chavez-Froch would bump Floyd off his date. Then they gave up and moved to Cotto-Canelo would without a doubt bump Floyd off his date. Now that those guys are doing PPV's on there own at only the 300's they are now stackng Cotto-Canelo with Triple G-Ward and people are actually talking trash about it like "Floyd better move now"......lol Thats pathetic. Next thing they will be trying to add Chavez-Froch to that card

Comment

Arum/DLH can destroy Floyd/Haymon if they really wanted to. However, everyone(except DLH) wants money with the least amount of risk.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            The card ODH suggests is better than almost any Floyd card. Can't see TR competing against itself with a Floyd/many card on a night cotto/canelo fight

That said-seats at a Floyd fight cost somewhat more than a Canelo fight. Since MGM is going to sell out with either card I think they'd go with the fight that would bring the larger gate.

If TMT countered with Floyd/danny, Broner/Matts, Thurman/Porter that might do it.
            go oscar go....

this promotional battle will be very interesting and more likely to benefit the fans..

still, i can see bob will play a big role on how this plays out...

and al would be just going with the flow....

Comment

You know boxing is having a bad year when the hot topic in July 2014 is what is going to happen in May 2015

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                You know boxing is having a bad year when the hot topic in July 2014 is what is going to happen in May 2015
                very keen observation....

floyd declared a surprise for may 2015 and a lot of people put stock into it...

hope it does not go the way like "pac you're next"

Comment

Lots of things that would have to go down like Cotto vs Canelo on HBO ppv .

Maybe Donaire vs Mares as the co feat I was thinking maybe Khan vs Bradley but I doubt Al Haymon would go for it.

No way GGG vs Ward happens no way Ward fights on the undercard no chance.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
                    Looks like The only way Floyd can win this battle is if he fights Pacquiao come May 2015. TMT will be crushed if Floyd takes on Oscar's challenge, as Cenelo vs Cotto, and GGG vs Ward are on tab for May 2015.

What do you guys think?

http://behindthegloves.com/news/osca...rd-of-his-own/
                    That proposed card would never happen. Besides, Mayweather could fight Chris Algieri or Danny Garcia and still beat out Cotto/Alvarez in PPV sales because he sells more than both of them combined.

Comment

Working...
                    X