No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Darren Barker Returns on September 8th in London

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Darren Barker Returns on September 8th in London

A frustrating year for middleweight contender Darren Barker will end on September 8th in London as the former two-time European champion makes his long-awaited return at Alexandra Palace.

[Click Here To Read More]

I want to see Barker in there with someone world class or close to it. So that I can compare.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      I want to see Barker in there with someone world class or close to it. So that I can compare.
      Zero chance of that happening on September 8th.

He's probably going to look to win the European Title again.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Zero chance of that happening on September 8th.

He's probably going to look to win the European Title again.
        True, I would have loved to have seen him & Pirog.

Comment

This is what really frustrates me with British boxers.

He'll end up fighting a can, then another can, then a decent journeyman, then a decent opponent. He might return to the world scene one day... but he'll spend the next couple of years wasting time against cans.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
            This is what really frustrates me with British boxers.

He'll end up fighting a can, then another can, then a decent journeyman, then a decent opponent. He might return to the world scene one day... but he'll spend the next couple of years wasting time against cans.
            That's pretty accurate in a lot of British fighters but I think Barker will want to move back into contention more quickly.

The Vassell & Purdy bout is an excellent match up. With the winner to fight Frankie Gavin please....

Comment

Id like to see a few fights involving Barker, Murray and Macklin. Be great for the British domestic scene if these guys faced eachother.

Comment

Working...
              X