No announcement yet.

Top 10 NON-BIASED Observations from Mayweather - Mosley 24-7

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
    Wish they would have talked about how much blood was taken from the individual. That's really the only thing I'm not sure is "clear" at this point. It seems like 2 tubes, but how much are those 2 tubes?
    According to WADA rules, you need an A sample and a B sample of at least 3 milliliters each.

2 x 3 ml.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
      Wish they would have talked about how much blood was taken from the individual. That's really the only thing I'm not sure is "clear" at this point. It seems like 2 tubes, but how much are those 2 tubes?
      DAMN YALL ACT LIKE YALL NEVER HAD BLOOD DRAWN BEFORE.!!! You see the 2 lil bitty ass tubes. You see it's not that much.
      Last edited by Piper the Great; 04-11-2010, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Shane looks smaller because you have to remember when he was at 154 for all those years, he always said that he could never ever make WW again. He said he just cant do it. Most think the way he did do it was by not lifting weights or atleast not as much. Thats why his body isnt as sculputed but he still seems like a big strong musclar guy to me, compared to Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Piper the Great View Post
          Naz didn't say Shane wasn't confident he said he wanted Shane to realize that he is bigger than he make himself out to be. He pointed out how these boxers now look up to him.

different styles of fighting doesn't mean one is a superior athlete.

other than that I agree
          I guess I could have worded that better. maybe not "superior athlete', but FMJ is just the more fluid, smooth, 'prettier to watch' guy.

You know how you show up at the park, and you're watching the game, and after a few minutes your eye is drawn to one guy who just seems better? Even though he isn't scoring the most? Floyd is that guy.

Maybe Floyd is Deion Sanders and Shane is Bo Jackson (?)

If I had to expand on the confidence thing, I would say that Floyd has successfully gotten in Shane's head. It seemed to me that much of what Shane was talking about was defensive. Clearing up or rebutting stuff that Floyd said. Or did.
          The same thing happened in Oscar's and Ricky's 24/7s and those guys came into the ring angry and trying to take Floyd's head off. Which FMJ wants.

Comment

Fantastic post. Especially liked that "boxing combine" line. It isn't the stats, it's the ability to change course and switch it up as many times as need be to come out the victor. This bout will be one for the ages.

Comment

Originally posted by And Still View Post
              1) It was very good to see some focus on who Naazim Richardson is. That is what 24/7 is good for, and where it does a better job than FC360 (what do you know about Ave's trainer? Or Froch's?). Brother Naazim has been a quiet, impressive presence for a long time in the sport, and it was good to see him get some shine. 24/7 did the same for Nacho last go-round.

2) From Naazim's comments, it seems that Shane's confidence is not where it should be/NEEDS to be. NR mentioned how Shane needs to be reminded of his primacy in the sport. Do you think Roger or anyone else ever has to boost Floyd's confidence? Doubtful. Further, Roger just seemed more assured than Naaz did.

3) The drug testing is a very good thing. Especially for Shane. Mosley seemed stressed by the repeated mentions of his steroid use. If you look at the snippets from the press conferences when Floyd was talking about it, Mosley was sitting next to Richard and started shaking his head in disgust. Also, Shane said on 24/7 last night (and on the Fan House interview) that he can see how some fighters would not like the testing, but he does. I believe one of the reasons that Shane likes it so much is that after this fight - win or lose - he won't be perceived as a roid user anymore.
              I've been to a few fora, and Pacquiao fans are calling Shane MosRoid or Roidsley or mature stuff like that.

4) Floyd is just a better, sharper-skilled athlete than Shane. If you watch them both run, hit pads and hit bags, you just see that Floyd is more fluid and smooth. You see from their bagwork (and from their fights) that Floyd throws shorter, crisper hooks while Shane wanders wide the harder he throws.

5) When did Rock Allen become a fat tub? He used to be this fast, rock-hard, chiseled dude. Kind of like a fast Juan Urango. Now, he looks very plump,

6) I'M NOT MAKING AN ACCUSATION...but doesn't Shane look smaller since the drug testing began? This doesn't look like the well-muscled, benching-300-plus-pounds version of Mosley. I took note of that , and found it curious. Very curious.

7) Shane is making the EXACT same mistake that many of Floyd's previous opponents made. He is matching up his one-off skills and characteristics vs Floyd. I'm as fast as him, I'm stronger than him, my arms are longer than his, etc. None of those individual things is what makes Floyd a special fighter. This is not the boxing combine.
              Harold Miner was as tall as Jordan, and as fast, and jumped as high. Jerry Rice was one of the slower wide receivers in the league. In fact, every cornerback was faster than Jerry. How tall is Lionel Messi? Would you rather have Larry Bird... or Vince Carter?

8) Floyd is still spending waaay too much money. Seven security guards? Seven?! I realize that some of that is show for 24/7. But when you have two guys outside, what are the cats inside for? To protect you in case Rafael Garcia goes nuts?

9) The drug-testing went exactly as it was supposed to, and was what I expected after watching the USADA training video. I think Floyd is enjoying it (even over-selling it a bit) and Shane realizes it is a necessary tool.

Pacquiao is being hurt by this. When the #2 p4p and the #3 p4p (and both are former #1 p4p) fighters are willing to do it, and the top guy is evasive, that makes Pac look very shady. Last night was not good for Pac in the eyes and minds of boxing fans.

10) This fight is going to sell big. I have received texts from non-fans talking about 24/7 last night. HBO picked a good weekend and time slot to air this. And it was a good show. Richard has been spot-on with his past predictions. Kind of like the business version of Freddie Roach. And Richard said this will do more than "The World Awaits". I'm inclined to believe him now. Or it will be close. GBP will also be marketing Canelo to bring in the Mexican audience.

Thanks, fellas.
              I this post

Comment

Originally posted by And Still View Post
                According to WADA rules, you need an A sample and a B sample of at least 3 milliliters each.

2 x 3 ml.
                Hey what kind of silver is that on your avatar.English or Irish.Do you collect them?.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                  Shane looks smaller because you have to remember when he was at 154 for all those years, he always said that he could never ever make WW again. He said he just cant do it. Most think the way he did do it was by not lifting weights or atleast not as much. Thats why his body isnt as sculputed but he still seems like a big strong muscular guy to me, compared to Floyd

I guess. I was just comparing him to how he looked in my mind's eye in his previous/recent 147 bouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Geze View Post
                    Hey what kind of silver is that on your avatar.English or Irish.Do you collect them?.
                    Irish silver? What am I, a Philistine?

Comment

Well some of those pics are in the ring after he gains like 10-15 pounds and I didnt see much of a difference between him before a fight than normal. I still think he looks a good amount naturally bigger than Floyd but we'll see I guess

Comment

Working...
                      X