Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pirog vs Ishida Bout in The Works For May 1 in Russia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was already rewarded with the Williams fight and that didn't go well.... I think they're just using him as the guy who beat the guy now

Comment

Oh my, poor poor Ishida! Pirog needs to make his move already. He hasn't done much since his KO of Jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by sweet-s View Post
        @ 4CornersKid

CHAMPION DMITRY PIROG RUS
        Female CHRISTINA HAMMER GER
        1 Maksym Bursak (Int-Cont.) UKR
        2 Andy Lee IRE
        3 Martin Murray GB
        4 Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam FRA
        5 Grzegorz Proksa POL
        6 Jermain Taylor USA
        7 Billi Facundo Godoy (Latino) ARG
        8 Rafael Bejaran (WBO Europe) DR
        9 Sebastian Zbik GER
        10 Avtandil Khurtsidze GEO
        11 Mathew Macklin GB
        12 Marco Antonio Rubio MEX
        13 Matt Korobov RUS
        14 Peter Quillin USA
        15 Jose Miguel Torres (NABO) ARM

Look at that latest WBO ranking and tell me who do you want to fight Pirog and I tell you why it's not possible. The problem is that every coach will immediately see want unsolvable task is ahead would they send their fighter to challenge for Pirog's title.

Luckily Pirog is fighting Gaele. Hopefully afterwards their won't be any comments saying he is not deserving or anything. Nothing is confirmed, so I really hope that HBO sticks to that schedule.
        why not Avtandil Khurtsidze? he doesn't have a fight, he fought a very close fight against N'Jikam plus he's known in eastern europe. according to the article Ishida is currently ranked 9th by the WBO at 160, seriously. it seems like a cherry picked fight IMO. I don't mind Pirog taking a tune up fight but considering the guy hardly fights and when he does it's against club fighters. I hope he faces Geale in august but I wonder if he'll have another ice slipping accident and delay the fight, like he did against N'Jikam.

Comment

That's the only option that could have been made, I agree. Possibly they didn't want another small pressure figther like Martirosyan again, but Khurtsidze is deserving. He fights out of Britain, don't know who bis promoter is. Maybe Warren?

Comment

Meh, it's a tune up. Ishida's chin actually seems pretty decent so at least Kirkland's daddy will give Pirog a workout.

Comment

Well as keep busy fights go you could do worse. At least this is a guy I have seen fight and heard of, unlike every other opponent he's ever fought outside of Jacobs. If the Gaele fight happens next that's huge. A fight I'd love to see.

Comment

Why are people complaining about Ishida as an opponent?

He's the best tune-up opponent before Pirog takes on Geale. People are acting like Pirog is going to fight once this year against Ishida.

Comment

he loses and gets a title shot....thats the norm these days i guess

Comment

Originally posted by sweet-s View Post
                    @Sako 5

Your flag is too obvious to see you unbiased here...
                    What the hell are you on man ? What has my flag to do with what I think ? And what are you implying ? Armenian and Russians are close friend, I just can't stand Pirog. Lebedev on the other hand is among my favorite boxers. Hell there are even Armenian boxers I can't stand. So all in all I don't really understand your post.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      According to promoter Kirill Pchelnikov, Nobuhiro Ishida (24-7-2, 9KOs) is a candidate to face WBO middleweight champion Dmitry Pirog (19-0, 15KOs) on May 1 in Moscow, Russia. There were rumors of an offer being made to Marco Antonio Rubio, but Rubio is ranked at number 12, while Ishida is ranked at number 9 in the WBO's top ten. Pirog was close to a deal to face Darren Barker, how suffered an injury and was forced to withdraw.

[Click Here To Read More]
                      he wants to fight ishida who just lost to williams and this is the same guy bear in mind that everyone in NSB is saying will beat martinez head in? honestly some times i wonder....

Comment

Working...
                      X