Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barrera's win over hamed don't mean crap!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hamed was a good fighter and if it wasnt for him, Nonito Donaire's amazing KO wouldnt even have been televised last week. Show some respect.

Comment

Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
      Bro

We should give him credit for beating those belt holders but cmon. All of them were 2nd Tier. Kelly was out of prime and he didnt even dominate Cesar Sotto.

I have no doubt Gamboa and JuanMa would beat all those on hid resume. Hamed was Lucky he didnt fight JMM and Erik Morales.
      youre overlooking his wins over Steve Robinson, Manuel Medina, Tom Johnson, Wilfredo Vasquez, Wayne McCullough, Paul Ingle, and Vuyani Bungu. every one of those guys were quality fighters and top guys in the division.

I dont see how we can assume that JuanMa and Gamboa could beat all those guys. JuanMa has shown to be chinny and almost got KOed against Mtagwa. Gamboa simliarly has been down multiple times already, and his best win is over Salido.

its nice to say 'oh, they would have beaten all those guys'. but in reality, it doesnt mean anything unless you do it.
      Hamed cleaned out the division, and dominated it for 5 years. not impossible that Gamboa and/or JuanMa do that, but until they do...

I certainly dont think Hamed was better than Morales, but he was still a good and very accomplished fighter.

Comment

this thread stupid
        one of Marco's better wins
        Naz had obliterated most of his comp
        even if he was slipping a little, still huge win for MAB

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
          What? You're drunk. I heard of him after the three Mexicans. Pac came from left field on me tho.

I thought Hamed was most entertaining but nowhere near as good as the rest of these guys. He was a celebrity boxer and extremely overrated. Barrera just put it out for the world to see. His overraters always say "well he was past his prime". Yeah right. Coming off two quick KO victories? You that support that theory know good and well that you didnt expect him to get mopped like that or even lose at all. Past prime was the cry after the whippin.

Yeah it was a really big fight. the truth is it was Hamed's biggest and only loss but far from Barrera's biggest win. Those of us who watched Marco over the years knew that cute **** wasnt gonna work.
          Barrera surprised most people with the way he fought Hamed that night.
          As a patient counter puncher. A style which we hadnt seen him use before.

To the TS; No one had come close to doing what Barrera did that night. Barrera's timing, tactics and discipline were excellent.
          Hamed had been hit, and put down, but never out boxed.

Hamed was champion for 6 years and had destroyed many ex-world champions. That must be respected. His speed and power were extra ordinary.
          What Barrera did was a master class in boxing against a very awkward and dangerous opponent.

Comment

most uk fighters are hype jobs

Comment

Well Hamed's style was so ugly and lazy that eventually once he found a great Mexican fighter like MAB it was inevitable he would be outboxed. Which he was.

You can get lucky everytime.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post

its nice to say 'oh, they would have beaten all those guys'. but in reality, it doesnt mean anything unless you do it.
                Hamed cleaned out the division, and dominated it for 5 years. not impossible that Gamboa and/or JuanMa do that, but until they do...
                Yeah I agree. But none of them are even better than an Oscar Larios in terms of accomplishment. The best fighter that he could have gotten was Luisito Espinosa who was champion the same time as him but he didnt even take the fight w/c i dont blame him for. "high risk/ Low reward"

He's 'within' the level of Barrera, Morales and Marquez but definitely those 3 are ranked above him at Featherweight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                  Barrera surprised most people with the way he fought Hamed that night.
                  As a patient counter puncher. A style which we hadnt seen him use before.

To the TS; No one had come close to doing what Barrera did that night. Barrera's timing, tactics and discipline were excellent.
                  Hamed had been hit, and put down, but never out boxed.

Hamed was champion for 6 years and had destroyed many ex-world champions. That must be respected. His speed and power were extra ordinary.
                  What Barrera did was a master class in boxing against a very awkward and dangerous opponent.
                  Barrera fought the way that made sense. Its no denying Hameds power was tops. So it didnt make any sense to attack like Barrera was known for doing. Thats not the first time Barrera ever boxed. He still fought agressive.
                  I believe Morales would have finished him. Marquez bests them all.

Comment

hamed did a lot in bringing smaller weight classes into the mainstream. how can you not love his moves in and out of the ring. his entrances were ****ing epic.

and hamed had the power and won every title in his division. that barrera loss unfortunately became our last memory of him. the beating was so bad people question his other wins, which is unfair. hamed beat a lot of good fighters until he bumped into barrera.

but honestly barrera's wins over morales, (especially the 3rd fight) meant more than the hamed win imo.

i wonder if he still wears leopard underwear these days. talking about hamed, not barrera, bwahahahahaha!!!!

Comment

say what you will about hamed, but i was entertained as **** with his antics...

not the best boxer around that time, but he made people talk about boxing...

Comment

Working...
                      X