No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis vs Ingemar Johansson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
    not really what I meant. Valuev was never a puncher. Mercer and Briggs are both punchers and have competed at a level of bigger and stronger heavyweight champions.

I do think its a fluke. Machen never ever got KO'd that early. At least, not in his prime. It brings up my point again that Ingemar was a very pinpoint accurate puncher. And he hit very hard.
    Dosen't that just show you how hard Ingo punched? But yet you totally just discredit the KO win, with ''It's just a fluke''. What is everyone said that about KO Wins? No one would deserve credit.

Thats such a lame excuse.

I can see no arguement for Briggs or Mercer punching harder than Ingo. Am sure your only one of a few who do.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Mongoose View Post
      Dosen't that just show you how hard Ingo punched? But yet you totally just discredit the KO win, with ''It's just a fluke''. What is everyone said that about KO Wins? No one would deserve credit.

Thats such a lame excuse.

I can see no arguement for Briggs or Mercer punching harder than Ingo. Am sure your only one of a few who do.
      It was a good win but I'm not discrediting it either. He got that win because of how accurate that right hand was. and because he had pop. Liston was never that sharp of a puncher, and Machen showed more movement against Liston then Johannson imo

I don't think I'm the only one. I already said P4P Ingo hits harder. It's a thing about accuracy and size now.

Comment

It was a good win but I'm not discrediting it either. He got that win because of how accurate that right hand was. and because he had pop. Liston was never that sharp of a puncher, and Machen showed more movement against Liston then Johannson imo

I don't think I'm the only one. I already said P4P Ingo hits harder. It's a thing about accuracy and size now.
        You said it was a fluke, that is discrediting it. Forget P4P, Ingo just hit harder than Briggs & Mercer full stop. Briggs & Mercer never knocked a fighter with a chin of Edddie Machin and on footage both don't look like they punch harder either.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Mongoose View Post
          You said it was a fluke, that is discrediting it. Forget P4P, Ingo just hit harder than Briggs & Mercer full stop. Briggs & Mercer never knocked a fighter with a chin of Edddie Machin and on footage both don't look like they punch harder either.
          I don't think so

Comment

I don't think so
            I do, no dout.

Comment

The point, really, is whether or not Johansson can land. He could, but I don't believe he would. Not against the best version of Lewis. He takes Johansson out in style.

It's not as if this is a case where Johansson is the better, but smaller fighter, & the question is whether Lewis' size can overcome that. Lewis is dramatically bigger and substantially better. True enough, one of his bigger flaws (his whiskers) matches the right way with Johansson's greatest asset (a thundering punch --- better, IMO, than anything Mercer or especially Briggs could throw), but there is just too much across the board slanted in Lewis' favour for that to prove a likely factor, IMO.

Lewis by decisive KO.
              Last edited by Wild Blue Yonda; 02-04-2011, 11:58 PM.

Comment

wow, evidently people dont that much of Ingemar on here, despite the fact his only losses were to a prime Patterson.

Granted, I dont see him winning either, but I see Lewis having trouble with him certainly...somewhat like Lewis' fight with Zeljko Mavrovic.

Ingar was a good puncher, a KO like McCall or Rahman was not out of the picture, although unexpected.

Comment

lewis ko when he wants

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                    wow, evidently people dont that much of Ingemar on here, despite the fact his only losses were to a prime Patterson.

Granted, I dont see him winning either, but I see Lewis having trouble with him certainly...somewhat like Lewis' fight with Zeljko Mavrovic.

Ingar was a good puncher, a KO like McCall or Rahman was not out of the picture, although unexpected.
                    Sure he had a punchers chance but that is it. Lennox was just a bigger better fighter and hit even harder than Johansson. I think Ingo struggles to land anything of note on a prime LL, He'd get his head jabbed off and then Lewis would drop the big right on him. That Mavrovic guy had an incredible chin man, Ingo dont

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post

excellent post.. i agree

Comment

Working...
                      X