Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If B-Hop at his best bulked up to 194lb like RJJ, could he have beaten the Klitschkos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    Hopkins is far more skilled than Ruiz who looked completely ouclassed against both Jones and Toney. Although the Toney loss was later revered to a no contest. If Ruiz doesn't knock Hopkins out I don't see him winning. It wouldn't shock me one bit if Hopkins beat him.
    But Toney and Jones both hit considerably harder than Hopkins.

Comment

no chance in hell IMO: not enough movement, not enough power.

Comment

He could have beat John Ruiz but that's about as far as it goes. Klitschko's are like 10 feet tall, man.

Comment

194lb Hopkins Vs Ruiz would be one of the most dull and ugly fights in the history of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
            Taking shots at me eh? Firstly, half my point was that Hopkins doesn't have great power in the first place, so yes, they would wade through his shots easily. Secondly, you are totally incorrect about differences in chin among weight classes. Larger bodied individuals are more likely to have thicker skulls/necks than their smaller counterparts, and hence better chins.
            no. Larger bodied individuals have more weight to move on and use to displace force from larger objects. Yao Ming obviously doesn't have a harder bone structure than Gary Payton. The difference is weight and the force you put behind it. heavyweights generally get KO'd more often because of they differences behind the punches. Takashi Uchiyama would clean any heavyweights clock with a free shot.

Genetics can play a role in how good your chin is, but reality is that it has nothing to do with being bigger = better bone structure. Maybe you can say they have the aptitude to have stronger neck muscles and prevent their head from snapping back, but nothing with bone structure there.

I agree wholeheartedly that Bhop couldn't handle HW's because of the weight difference. I agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
              Could I knockout a Klitschko brother? Sure, if they let me and didn't defend for crap.
              Somehow I doubt this...

Comment

Working...
              X