No announcement yet.

Enough with the Bull**** - Froch vs Dirrell was not a Robbery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enough with the Bull**** - Froch vs Dirrell was not a Robbery

Now, it's justifiable to say that Dirrell won by up to two rounds, but to call a fight that was that scrappy a robbery is just plain melodramatic. I gave it to Froch by a round personally. In my opinion Dirrell could have won the fight if he'd been more active in the earlier rounds. Froch couldn't handle his speed, but Dirrell only took advantage of it seriously later in the fight. Dirrell left the early rounds very close and with close rounds judges will often (rightly or wrongly) give the round to the aggressor and everyone knows it. He has no excuses. His attitude was so negative for a lot of the fight and his holding was excessive. Not that I'm really praising Froch, who had little success with anything other than the jab, which he periodically abandoned with frustration. Froch was aggressive though and landed some decent shots on the inside that the Showtime crew in particular didn't give any credit for. Against a more active fighter Froch would have lost. Dirrell showed some devastating accuracy in the later rounds and boxed Froch to pieces at times, just a shame he didn't do it earlier.

The term robbery should be reserved for fights in which decisions are beyond even reasonable doubt. This was not a robbery, it was at worst a bad decision if you gave it to Dirrell.

Froch got a gift.

Comment

8-4 Dirrell...

He got robbed.

Comment

And another thing too. Why do people keep complaining about Froch hitting in the back of the head and slamming Dirrell down? I'd feel like doing that too, if someone kept holding and clinching me like a fairy. I would've scored those knees as knockdowns too. That's the rule in boxing when you voluntarily go to a knee you are supposed to get an eight count and the judges make the round 10-8 or 10-7 or whatever. That rule should've applied there and it didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
          And another thing too. Why do people keep complaining about Froch hitting in the back of the head and slamming Dirrell down? I'd feel like doing that too, if someone kept holding and clinching me like a fairy. I would've scored those knees as knockdowns too. That's the rule in boxing when you voluntarily go to a knee you are supposed to get an eight count and the judges make the round 10-8 or 10-7 or whatever. That rule should've applied there and it didn't.
          Froch had him in headlocks or was pushing him down with his forearm... Crotch is a good mma fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
            Froch had him in headlocks or was pushing him down with his forearm... Crotch is a good mma fighter.
            I'm saying that if Dirrell had not clinched, Froch wouldn't have done that. I'm not the biggest Froch fan on this site. But I can't have any sympathy for a guy who did more running and clinching than fighting. When you do that, it is called non-fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
              Lyoto Machida would end him

Comment

That was a robbery. Dirrell won...and I don't like Dirrell. It was clear as day.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
                  I'm saying that if Dirrell had not clinched, Froch wouldn't have done that. I'm not the biggest Froch fan on this site. But I can't have any sympathy for a guy who did more running and clinching than fighting. When you do that, it is called non-fighting.
                  yeah, the clinching makes it unbearable to watch again, but dirrell didn't lose that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                    That was a robbery. Dirrell won...and I don't like Dirrell. It was clear as day.
                    I don't particularly like Froch - his style is far too ugly to make my favourite fighter list - but it was a close fight. Even the horribly biased Showtime crew had it as being a close fight. I'm not telling anyone Froch definately won, although I think he just scraped it by the margin of the deducted point.

Comment

Working...
                    X