No announcement yet.

Interesting Tyson Revelations from New Documentary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Tyson Revelations from New Documentary

Just watched the new award winning documentary on Mike Tyson and there's a few intriguing revelations in the movie.

1. After Robin Givens divorced him Tyson sank to a new low and admitted to not training hard for the Douglas fight. As evidence of how poorly he was training, Tyson admits that a sparring partner dropped him in sparring. A video is shown of Tyson being dropped in sparring as proof. I've never seen this video before though I have heard that he was dropped in sparring prior to the Douglas fight.

2. Tyson says he spent most of his younger years in a hospital with some sort of lung condition (sounded to me like asthma) and he cites this as evidence of why he tried so hard not to make his fights go the distance and why he had such trouble with any fight that began to go the distance...apparently Tyson suffered from some sort of lung problem/asthma/inability to breath enough oxygen that resulted in his infamously poor stamina.

interesting. where can i see the movie?

Comment

3. Tyson seems to hint that in Holyfield 1, the headbutts that caused the fight to be momentarily paused each time for bloody gashes on Tyson's head, were responsible for Tyson "blacking out" and barely remembering any of the fight. He says Holyfield's punches weren't hurting him at all and at the time he thought that Holyfield must have caught him with something major for him to black out but they were actually full force headbutts from Holyfield's head.

Comment

The Givens and Holyfield **** wasn't really news to me, but the lung condition thing was.

Comment

4. Holyfield 2: Tyson says he can't believe in the rematch again Holyfield cuts him with headbutts and continues headbutting him into the cut to open it on purpose so that's why Tyson lost his cool and bit him. He said after the fight he went home smoked weed and went to sleep.

Comment

5. Tyson says all the pre-fight hype for the Lewis fight was just his 'self aggrandizing' and selling the fight ("I'll eat your children" quote, etc) because he knows that no one can sell a fight like he can but at that point he was no longer really taking boxing seriously, proof that Tyson was no where near prime or even cared about boxing when he fought Lewis.
            Tyson says he knew he wasn't in no condition to be fighting or beating anyone when he fought Lewis, but the fight was really all about money to him.

Comment

6. Tyson on himself: "Old too soon, smart too late."

Comment

7. Kevin Mcbride fight: Mike says he just fought Mcbride for a pay day. He says he was very out of shape and tired and not taking it serious. Just wanted a payday.
                ^this is all pretty obvious news to anyone who's seen the fight LoL.

even in the post fight interview Tyson says: "I'm just fighting to take care of my bills ... I don't have that ferocity I'm not an animal anymore ... I'm not gonna disrespect the sport anymore by losing to this calibre of fighters."

Comment

Tyson at the end: "What I've done in the past is the history, what I'm gonna do in the future is a mystery."

lol

Comment

bump . .

Comment

Working...
                    X