Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Muhammad Ali secured the release of 15 US hostages in Iraq

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ali became loved by America when Parkisons shut him up.

Comment

Just another note in the long list of incredible things Ali did. Like when he randomly saved a man from committing suicide:

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Ali became loved by America when Parkisons shut him up.
        Just stop...... He was loved in the 70s

Comment

Pay attention to the reaction the media had to their stance instead of criticizing their stances.
          The media hated Ali too but he stuck with what he believed in because what he believed in was right.

None of your modern day heroes stick to anything but the money. Their word ain't worth ****.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            The media hated Ali too but he stuck with what he believed in because what he believed in was right.

None of your modern day heroes stick to anything but the money. Their word ain't worth ****.
            A lot of them aren't woke like Ali. It was a different during Ali's time. The government endorsed racism was out in the open. Now it's hidden. An athlete would have to be conscious to understand what' really going on now. I'm not going to condemn 20 something year old men because hey aren't fully aware of how the system works. I know I was foolish when I was their age. They've been catered to since it was discovered they could make a shot or throw a football. The world they've lived in isn't the same world we lived in. I'm not ready to give up on our youth. Especially when I see so many more of them engaged in social justice than there were when I was their age.

Comment

A lot of them aren't woke like Ali. It was a different during Ali's time. The government endorsed racism was out in the open. Now it's hidden. An athlete would have to be conscious to understand what' really going on now. I'm not going to condemn 20 something year old men because hey aren't fully aware of how the system works. I know I was foolish when I was their age. They've been catered to since it was discovered they could make a shot or throw a football. The world they've lived in isn't the same world we lived in. I'm not ready to give up on our youth. Especially when I see so many more of them engaged in social justice than there were when I was their age.
              I'm in my mid 20s and I know exactly what is happening.

I understand the point you make about them being pandered to and mollycoddled but it's not an excuse, especially not now with so much information at out fingertips. Plus, most American athletes spend their youths in the worst parts of the country, forget making political change, they need to push for social change .And use the podium fame has granted them to speak out on the issues facing black Americans in impoverished ghettos, which to me, as an outsider, look like 3rd world nations.

Comment

Always racism! Won't you guys ever stop whining?!

Comment

In the last 20yrs and all you could find was 7 articles of black athletes taking a stand and most of those were on twitter accounts that were deleted soon after smh. No you stay woke my brother..... The type of $$ these black rappers and athletes make they could do so much more but insted they"ll rather slit one anothers throat in the pursuit of a Kardashian

Comment

if your 20 or older and you cant see whats REALLY going on you probably got some sort of learning disability regardless of what color you are

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      I'm in my mid 20s and I know exactly what is happening.

I understand the point you make about them being pandered to and mollycoddled but it's not an excuse, especially not now with so much information at out fingertips. Plus, most American athletes spend their youths in the worst parts of the country, forget making political change, they need to push for social change .And use the podium fame has granted them to speak out on the issues facing black Americans in impoverished ghettos, which to me, as an outsider, look like 3rd world nations.
                      You also have to take into account what type of background you come from. You have 13-14 year old kids in Chicago and Detroit who grew up in gang homes. Mother smoking weed all day and guys coming in and out the house. You go to your friends house and it's the same thing. A lot of these kids never had a chance. You can't expect them to know any different than what they see everyday. Just like you don't expect a suburban child from a 2 parent home to turn into a gangbanger. The chances of that happening are just as slim as a child raised in extreme poverty and chaos graduating from an ivy league school. I see kids as young as 7 years old with no hope whatsoever. They don't understand the concept of time because they can't see more than 48 hrs into the future. Future prisons populations are based on the literacy rate of 3rd grade inner city youth. These are things I learned not as a teen but as an adult when I was lucky enough to join a program sponsored by black judges and lawyers. The prison industrial complex isn't a conspiracy. For profit prisons are a thing and they lobby policies based on keeping themselves in business. I'm not giving up on the youth and I understand why a lot of these young athletes aren't woke. Government mandated education doesn't mandate the truth be taught. It's a whole system that's rotten from the inside out.

Comment

Working...
                      X