Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whose loss in big fights were better? Oscar or Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oscar beat Trinidad and Mosley in the rematch, everybody knows that.

The Sturm fight was a gift tho.

Comment

Oscar never lost to Tito and Mosley in my eyes. Also, he was very much in the Hopkins fight before that weird shot, he lost a close one to a prime Floyd, and was a zombie against Pacquiao. Basically, Cotto isn't fit to lace Oscar's boots, different class of fighters.

Comment

Oscar won a couple of his "losses", so I'll go with him.
        Cotto runs from the ring like a baby when he loses.

This is comparing apples to oranges. Cotto had a good career, Oscar had a great career.
        Cotto's big wins are what? old Judah and Mosley, Sergio or Margarito
        Oscar fought the best in their prime, Cotto won't even fight GGG.

Cross dresser is better than diva, his big fights had better opponents and Oscar was close, Cotto got dominated by Trout (no rematch, wonder why?).

Comment

you gotta put an asterisk on mosley for using steroids

i don't know why people forget that dude was caught using steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
            you gotta put an asterisk on mosley for using steroids

i don't know why people forget that dude was caught using steroids.
            Very true. And l still felt that Oscar won those fights, he pretty much beat a juiced up Shane.

Comment

Oscar for sure. Guy was the A side most of his career and still went out and fought the best. He beat Tito and Mosley was juiced up and Oscar still won the rematch IMO. Guys in Oscar's position now wouldn't take the Hopkins fight when he did.
              Cotto beat a non juiced old Mosley that was considering retirement and a one kneed Sergio that couldn't even spar in training camp. Margacheato plaster wrapped him so that loss doesn't count but the rest of his losses were clear and no robbery's. His wins since Mosley aren't that great and his losses came after he stepped up competition and couldn't cherry pick. He would have ducked Canelo for a third time if HBO didn't step in and make him take the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
                Stop it, what, so Margarito decided to start using plaster against Mosley because Mosley was the bigger threat? That punk ass cheat was working his drywall magic well before that, it's naive to believe anything else.
                Any proof though?

I'll wait....

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  Oscar never lost to Tito and Mosley in my eyes. Also, he was very much in the Hopkins fight before that weird shot, he lost a close one to a prime Floyd, and was a zombie against Pacquiao. Basically, Cotto isn't fit to lace Oscar's boots, different class of fighters.
                  Prime Floyd?!!?!!! HAHAHA!

Comment

I'll go with Cotto. He gave Mayweather and Pacquiao much more competitive fights than Oscar did. Trout was still a competitive fight as well, despite Cotto's obvious training issues for it. As to the Canelo fight, most media and fans in Mexico saw Cotto winning it. They felt he was robbed, and Cotto sure is confident he won. Another competitive fight. And, of course, Margarito, an extraordinary fight in which Cotto battled brilliantly under insurmountable conditions.

Cotto's wins are also awesome. Mosley was still in his prime. Martinez was THE lineal champion of the world for years, and Cotto made history by becoming the first Puerto Rican to win world titles in four weight divisions. Cotto knocked out Margarito. He beat up one of my favorite fighters ever in one heck of a fight, Zab Judah, who was still in his prime back then. I mean the list just goes on and on with Cotto. Do I really need to continue?

They're both great fighters, no doubt.

Comment

oscar performed better..
                      He arguably defeated trinidad and mosely 2

oscar only looked really bad vs hopkins and manny.. But can you blame him... oscar-hopkins would be like if cotto fought ggg,,, and oscar was completely shot when he fought manny..

both oscar and cotto fought floyd tough.

But cotto in his prime got badly stopped vs margarito and manny,,, something that never happened to oscar in his prime..

Comment

Working...
                      X