Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magomed Abdusalamov - ESPN Outside The Lines

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They showed a brief special on Mago during FNF and it was hard to watch.

They recommended Mago to get the nose checked out in a day or two because that is what they thought it was. The corned brushed off several of his complaints during the fight. There was no sense of urgency. They also had to wait around 15-20 minutes for a taxi to get to the hospital.

What kind of **** is that?

Comment

that physician smiling when they are talking about a touchy subject is so annoying.

Thomas Hauser was spittin the truth.

those 2 medical guys , however, were on the defensive big time and chatting ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
        I can't say I blame the commission for not stopping the fight, he was fighting back as hard as he could and seemed to be alright.

As for after the fight: Would getting to the hospital have made a huge difference?
        It doesn't take a neurosurgeon to know that it would have. But, for the record, the neurosurgeon that attended to Mago said it would have.

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
        Couldn't they atleast taken him to one though??? He had to try and stop a cab on a Saturday night on 33rd, 34th street bro.
        I know that part of the city intimately. It is extremely difficult to hail a cab at most hours, but especially in the evening. The Garden set up cab stands years ago in an effort to make finding one easier (and to protect tourists from "cab hustlers"), but you'll still have to wait on line for a while. I can only imagine the frantic search for a cab by Mago's people that night.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
          that physician smiling when they are talking about a touchy subject is so annoying.

Thomas Hauser was spittin the truth.

those 2 medical guys , however, were on the defensive big time and chatting ****.
          I won't go as far as to say they were covering for the NYS doctors, but you can't expect professionals to throw other professionals under the bus so easily. While the report was good, the doctors on the panel weren't pressured at all. Mago's neurosurgeon was the only one that made any kind of damning remark (and you know his opinion will be vital in this case). He hesitated for a moment, probably considering the impact it would have on his fellow doctors, and affirmed that, under the conditions, Magomed should've been taken to a hospital.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            I won't go as far as to say they were covering for the NYS doctors, but you can't expect professionals to throw other professionals under the bus so easily. While the report was good, the doctors on the panel weren't pressured at all. Mago's neurosurgeon was the only one that made any kind of damning remark (and you know his opinion will be vital in this case). He hesitated for a moment, probably considering the impact it would have on his fellow doctors, and affirmed that, under the conditions, Magomed should've been taken to a hospital.
            i was thinking this exact same thing. you worded it perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              broken noses are often left alone. you can definitely get away with going to get your nose fixed a day later.

it's the blatant disregard of all the headshots abdusalamov took that's troubling, not their disregard for his broken nose. i don't think the broken orbital bone / facial fracture was diagnosed yet. he may wait in an emergency room for those injuries anyway. they aren't life threatening.

he should have gone to the hospital in an ambulance after all the headshots he took. there's no waiting around that's acceptable after 10 rounds like that. if they felt he was in bad condition they'd have the option of putting their lights on and getting him immediate care.

magomed's family is going to get a settlement out of this. the state of NY f#cked up big time. a man may or may not have ended up in coma because of their negligence. abdusalamov will never be the same guy. he might not even walk or talk again. at the very least they took very few steps to ensure his safety.

i'm guessing that they settle out of court. low seven figures, and the extent of the medical costs paid throughout. it will be very expensive / embarrassing for new york if this plays out in public.
              Good post.

Those ringside doctors have seen all this before, or thought they'd seen it all before. They probably figured it was business as usual -- tough fight, lumps, broken nose, possible facial fractures -- been there, done that. Where they failed is to take reasonable precautions. How hard would it have been to put Mago in an ambulance, which was already on site? How hard was it to say, "Just as a precaution, we'd like you to get to a hospital immediately and get checked out with equipment we don't have here"?

I can't speak for the state, but I know that the City of New York normally doesn't like to go to court. I agree that there will probably be an out-of-court settlement in this case. If this is played out before sympathetic people, the payout would be much greater. It wouldn't be tough for Magomed's lawyer to gain sympathy for Mago's beautiful little daughters and his young wife, or for a young athlete's life being reduced to ashes.

Comment

the way i see it is, they may be right in saying there was only 2 swimmers how did you let one of them drown and their rebuttal was-they were both swimming though. well that might be true, but that doesnt change the fact that after the fight they F'ed up major. there is supposed to be a system in place that doesnt have you end up taking a cab to go to a hospital, there should be a system thats more uh....competent. I think because of that, they should be sued. a man is on life support and could of possibly died because of their negligence.

Comment

Bumped.

Comment

I watched the FNF report..very sad especially for his children who now will never know their father the when he was mentally fit.

Comment

This sport we love so much...

Real fkn talk..

Comment

Working...
                      X