No announcement yet.

How is Martinez too big for Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RapidFire26 View Post
    He was 165 against Barker, which was his latest fight. This was the same weight Ortiz fought Mayweather at. Martinez could probably get this down to at least 160.

Again, I don't see how the weight issue is insurmountable.
    I actually wouldn't mind the fight but if it doesn't happen I can understand.I can't see making Martinez fight at 150 though.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      I actually wouldn't mind the fight but if it doesn't happen I can understand.I can't see making Martinez fight at 150 though.
      Martinez says he can make 150 for weigh-in, so it would be a knock on his credibility if he could not or would not do it.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidFire26 View Post
        Martinez says he can make 150 for weigh-in, so it would be a knock on his credibility if he could not or would not do it.
        I know he said it but I believe it about as much as Shane Mosley when he claimed he would fight Pacquiao at 140. I don't like catchweights and Martinez would be weakened at 150 imo. It should be at 160 or I'm not interested.

Comment

Martinez say he make 150 for Pac. He can make 150 for FLoyd.

Comment

Martinez is to big for Floyds brittle hands.

Comment

Right on, Martinez came in at 165 his last fight, Ortiz weighed 164 for his fight with Floyd, Margarito weighed 165 for his fight with Pacman. It is crystal clear, that its not a size discrepancy, its a he will Knock u the fk out discrepancy.

Comment

Originally posted by edwin1979 View Post
                Right on, Martinez came in at 165 his last fight, Ortiz weighed 164 for his fight with Floyd, Margarito weighed 165 for his fight with Pacman. It is crystal clear, that its not a size discrepancy, its a he will Knock u the fk out discrepancy.
                Lol! You have a way with words man.

Comment

Originally posted by Born2Live View Post
                  Floyd comes in at around 154lb's on fight night, IF THAT, while Martinez comes in at around 167lb's.
                  no way floyd came in at 154 last time.. he was looking a good 160 at least.
                  he looked huge against ortiz and he looked bigger than mosley too!

Comment

Its ok for Floyd to ask another fighter (Marquez) to jump two divisions to face him. But Floyd himself wont jump two divisions to face Martinez.

Floyd should retire, you look at his record it looks like he calculated ever opponet to fight at the right time. His's career seems to be one of the most over rated in boxing today.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                      no way floyd came in at 154 last time.. he was looking a good 160 at least.
                      he looked huge against ortiz and he looked bigger than mosley too!
                      He weighed 150 on the HBO scale and 149 thirty days before the fight with Ortiz. I don't know where these other weights are coming from but they are innacurate.

I'm guessing you're joking though.

Comment

Working...
                      X