we went over this in detail yesterday
    Tony was frozen outta the big dance at WW
    unified champs Spinks, Mayorga, and Judah weren't gonna fight him
    he had to get his by beating the lesser known contenders at WW
    no one said these guys were the cream of the crop
    they were just ranked guys Tony wrecked en route to bigger things

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparkman0811

This. You can pretty much close the books on this one. I thought the same thing, too. Since Tony had the reputation of being the most avoided fighter, wouldn't it be hard to get fights?

But see fellas this is what i dont get. Tony doesnt fight the big boys in ww for whatever reason and he's considered "avoided", but nasseem (some say), hatton(140), cotto(140,147), Mosley(late 90's to 2010), frietas (early 2000's), lascano (early 2000's), cassamayor (2000's), pacquiao( 2009-10), didnt want to fight floyd at times when they could have and yet floyd gets the blame for the fights not happening and labeled "ducker" but not "avoided"? why is that?
    those guys wanted to fight tony. Floyd didn't want to fight those guys.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Margarito resume is weak Cintron who sucked at 147 is the only decent name on it truth be told Clottey fight was draw Margarito was always overrated thats the genius of Arum promoting his fighters by attaching their name to Floyd or DLH and they instantly get overhyped

don't like the guy but he is the GOAT of promoters

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        His resume may not be great but it certainly isn't weak, especially when you looked at when he fought them. I'd pick Danny Perez over nearly everyone in the top 10 at welter today. Cintron was favored to beat him at the time and was well thought of back then. Six Heads, Clottey, Cotto etc. Basically he beat a long string of welter opponents and because he did so, was the longest reigning champ at welter for quite some time. Not Hall of Fame caliber but not weak by any means.
        Yeah, that's how I think of him. A good, solid champ for the day. Nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post

lol straight up lying who the hell would turn down fights after calling these same guys out lollllll

Comment

As I'm sure some have already noted,it's a tad difficult to build up a strong resume when virtually no other top fighter in your division wants a piece of you.Mayweather may be the most notable name,but he sure as hell wasn't the only one.

And for the ******s that continue to spit out this "Tony ducked Williams" bollocks,just understand that it was Williams who didn't want the rematch.He only wanted to fight Tony after the great one became Billy big balls after beating Cotto.And Tony ignored him,just like Williams did to him - in spite of the fact that Tony could have easily have ignored Williams himself.

Tony Margarito is the greatest.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post

WHAT?! Floyd tried to get all those fights and none of them wanted it. U gotta remember there was a time when floyd was just as known as tony was. Even with being #1 pfp he was high risk low reward back then except for the pac fight in which pac walked away.

Comment

The fact that floyd ducked him speaks for itself!

Comment

Not to mention he is a disgraceful cheater

Comment

What....am I reading?

Comment

Ok so now we are posting threads i made in the lounge??what point is that making and what does it have to do with MARGARITO HAVING A WEAK ASS RESUME? I dont duck anything i posted?? im a real dude and have real life issues,i never deny that,i speak the truth something a lot of you are afraid to do

Comment

Working...
                      X