No announcement yet.

What if Dwight Howard was a boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    If Dwight Howard had been training in boxing since childhood he would be a beast.
    How do you know? There are plenty of B level fighters who've been training since childhood. Just because he has talent in one sport doesn't mean he'd have talent in another.

Comment

Audley Harrison is 6"6, built big, fast, powerful etc

So he should automatically be an ATG shouldnt he?

Boxing is about far more than just athleticism.

Comment

haye would knock him the f out.

Comment

WhAt if this guy was a boxer ?

Or this guy!

Comment

The Klitschko's would be guards in the NBA they are too short to play foward or center.

Comment

What i always think with these types of thread is this...

How do you think these athletes would cope in different positions of the teams they are in?

Would they be world class still? Would they be as good as they are in their natural position even if they'd grown up playing there?

Because if you dont think they wouldn't be as good in a different position in the same sport that they play now, how can you judge how they would do in a completely different sport?

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                There's nothing to base these hypotheticals on except for their body type/size and what we know of their mentality in their sport. Since it's nothing but a guessing game, I say he looks light for his size...he looks like when he gets hit he would get really bouncy in his legs. somewhat like Mitchell

Howard is willing to do the dirty work on the court and works really hard on both ends so he's dedicated, but he's always been too nice of a guy when the heat gets turned up. I am a Lakers fan and am already fearing this in the playoffs and even in the regular season when he needs to be demanding Kobe to give him the ball more often. anyway, if he went all the back to age 4 started all over again and remade himself into a boxer I still think that would be an issue and it would show in a tough fight.

In some documentary I think called "Klitschko" Steward recalled a time where some random guy came up to Wlad and started talking shyt to him about getting KO'd by I think Brewster, he told Wlad he was soft and had no heart. Steward said Wlad wound up crying about the whole thing.

I thi it's safe to say Howard would be able to handle that sort of criticism. Wlad strikes me as a Pau Gasol type guy lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  How do you know? There are plenty of B level fighters who've been training since childhood. Just because he has talent in one sport doesn't mean he'd have talent in another.
                  Wilder barely started boxing in his 20s, 2 years later he wound up winning a bronze medal with a total of just 27 am fights, 19 of those fights occurring in the past year. Beat a ton of guys that have been boxing their whole lives and is the last American to win an Olympic medal.

Why was he able to do this? His athleticism allowed him to learn things very fast, same with Mitchell, unfortunately both started boxing very late in their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    If Dwight Howard had been training in boxing since childhood he would be a beast.
                    Howard would have had great potential, but as we've seen potential isn't always enough at the elite level.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                      He could be good or he could be bad

no way of knowing
                      i acctaully agree with this guy, probably the first time.

howard is an exceptional athlete and would thrive in most sports boxing included from a physical standpoint. if he got started early enough he would have the technical aspect down too, we dont know if he is mentally strong enough though. if he has the work ethic and toughness to be a boxer.

we will never know.

Comment

Working...
                      X