No announcement yet.

Is Erislandy Lara a dirty fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Erislandy Lara a dirty fighter?

In the post fight interview, Vanes Martirosyan said Erislandy Lara is a dirty fighter.

Do you agree?

It looked to me that most of those those headbutts and low blows were deliberate.
    Yes he is
    76.92%
    No he's not
    19.23%
    I'm not sure
    3.85%

The poll is expired.

Lara did try to choke Vanes. So yeah he is.

Comment

got really annoyed with Lara last night. Also in the post fight interview he seemed so arrogant.. Usually I'm not to hard on fighters but something he did last night got to me. dont like him anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by RockyB View Post
        got really annoyed with Lara last night. Also in the post fight interview he seemed so arrogant.. Usually I'm not to hard on fighters but something he did last night got to me. dont like him anymore!
        Same here.

I felt sorry for him after the Williams robbery, but after his behavior and attitude last night, I'll be rooting against him.

Comment

Not normally, not that I've seen, but he definitely was against Vanes.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Not normally, not that I've seen, but he definitely was against Vanes.
            and Hernandez. I think his dirtiness is methodical, not necessarily a part of his fighting style (i.e. Mares or Bradley). To him, it's like clinching, just another way to break the opponent's rhythm. Also, he's getting into his opponent's head. Look at how Hernandez and Vanes started fighting after Lara would do something dirty.
            Last edited by kiaba360; 11-11-2012, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Yes he is because he uses rough house tactics, just like Wlad leaning on his opponents or pushing their head down while hitting them.

Comment

Lara dirty cause he meant all the fouls he did, if it just happens then no but he aimed for it.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
                  Lara dirty cause he meant all the fouls he did, if it just happens then no but he aimed for it.
                  Yeah they might not be as many fouls as mares but they were all with bad intentions. that lowblow was about as blatant as i have seen

Comment

Lara's got talent, but he also has a hint of *****assness that comes out when things don't go his way...

Comment

Working...
                    X