Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Hopkins appear to be so emotional after the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
    Well sometimes when you know very few believe in you and your able to do something that many couldn't believe you did the situation can get emotional. Im guessing that's what happened. He wanted to show all the doubters that he can never be overlooked.
    Nicely put, and I believe that happens to everyone once in their life, but for Hopkins I think it goes farther than that. He always has had that put towards him and thats his motivation to keep fighting and proving the boxing world wrong. BHop an ATG, no doubt about it...

Comment

B-Hop is the man right now. I also agree that he should retire now. He's done it again. If there is one fight left for him, just one, it should be against Roy Jones, if Roy can beat Calzaghe.

Comment

he said something like "How many times do I have to prove myself"

Comment

thats the passion

Comment

Yeah that was some emotional stuff. BHop is a man's man, and for him to get emotional means a lot.

Comment

he just went from hall of famer to a boxing god..that performance will never be forgotten he just went to a level few boxers will ever go

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
                Because it was a massive win.

A large portion of the media predicted Kelly to win, and a fair few said by KO. Hopkins proved himself yet again. In awesome fasion. I seriously hope he retires, it would be an awesome moment to retire on IMO
                It would be nice to get that landmark 50th win though.

Comment

Originally posted by Puas View Post
                  Right after the final bell, Hopkins stood over the ropes and stared down the media. His lip was quivering and he appeared to be holding back tears and any emotional facial expressions. What could he have been thinking about?
                  part of him thought he was going to lose. when you escape death, you're happy and emotional

Comment

Originally posted by CasperUK View Post
                    We all knew Bernard Hopkins was an all time great fighter but today he became immortalised as one of those greats.

That win was an emphatic '**** you' too all his doubters.
                    Perfectly said.

Comment

his best victory ever

Comment

Working...
                      X