Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is B-Hop "Da greatest ****in champ of our era"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And if he is not the best he is up there. Other guys that are great champs in this era are:

Vitali-guys just has no comp but he does fight often and faces everyone.

Oscar-he has went out and fought some of the best even tho he was on the losing end several times.

Shane-has fought guys no one wanted to face and guys who he could have easily passed on as they were high risk/low reward.

Barrera-guy doesn't give a **** and went against the best over and over again.

Morales-same as barrera, he always took risk.

Manny Pacquaio-He is one of the best risk takers in our era. Going up to face the two classes to face long time champ limbabwa at 122, barrera at 126, DLH at 147 and cotto at 147 takes alot of balls. He could just use he belt at 140 or the divisions he was champ in to make easy defenses, but he goes up to take on bigger challenges.

Comment

It's Manny by a mile, although BHop is the only other guy with a legitimate arguement to be made.

Comment

I think Vitali would have a case had he not been injured all those years.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
          Unlike Pacquiao, B-Hop faced every style.
          ding ding...and also he was past his physical prime and chasing these guys in other weight classes.

Comment

hell no he's not

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
              I like RJJ better than Bhop...
              I'm a roy fan, but he has made several excuses as to why he shouldn't face certain fighters. Now that his career is towards it's end, all of the sudden we see him taking all these risky fights. Where was this when he was champ and in his prime?
              Last edited by Khalid X; 10-31-2009, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
                Im a roy fan but he has made several excuses as to why he should face certain fighters. Now that his career is towards it's end, all of the sudden we see him taking all these risky fights. Where was this when he was champ and in his prime?
                ah..about that.

Roy in his prime suffered the same plague mayweather (and recently, Pacquiao) does. He beat his opponents so good that he made them look like amateurs, or old..slow..shot..ect. Hence, it was easy for people to downplay those opponents he sonned so badly.

And did they ever.

Comment

Fighting in an weight class with a massive void that Roy Jones left. 20 defences against mostly poor opposition and not even doing them in style. His biggest wins are against people who weren't even solidified in the middleweight division or even at light heavyweight (in pavlik's case). Most overrated champion.... Debuted and lost at light-heavy. Realised he'd take a beating there so drained down a weight class... . Everyone just bypasses things like this because he's stayed consistent in his old age.

Comment

Nope. Not at all but you can make a fair case for him, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
                      Manny Pacquaio-He is one of the best risk takers in our era. Going up to face the two classes to face long time champ limbabwa at 122, barrera at 126, DLH at 147 and cotto at 147 takes alot of balls. He could just use he belt at 140 or the divisions he was champ in to make easy defenses, but he goes up to take on bigger challenges.
                      Oh yes,dragging De La Hoya down to 147,a weight he hadn't fought at in nearly a decade,clearly takes alot of balls.fighting the undisputed lightweight champion in David Diaz(who gave a prime Erik Morales the worst thrashing of his life)clearly takes alot of balls.

Demanding a catchweight fight with Cotto at 145 clearly does take alot of balls.Easy title defenses against the likes of Timothy bradley,Lamont Peterson and Devon Alexander,three young,fresh bla.........I mean hungry junior welterweights.........nah who needs em right?

Comment

Working...
                      X