Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where has the Sparring Footage of Triple G vs Canelo Gone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
    GGG break Canelo rib at 12:00?

lol...you came back from hiding i see

Comment

Originally posted by larryusa View Post
      there was never any footage..that was Chavez Jr he was picking apart
      I saw both sparring sessions, and I have no incentive to lie here. I want both guys to lose to Cotto (Canelo already did, in my opinion.)

For REAL, no one saw it?!

That's crazy.

Good job, GoldenBoy. (But seriously, if anybody from there browses these forums, why'd you guys do that? It was a fun match, and Canelo did well enough for it not to be something embarrassing. If anything, I think it served as great hype for a possible fight down the line.)

Comment

Originally posted by DJ OxXx View Post
        there was definitely footage homie. I remember seeing it. It definitely was on youtube but has vanished. I really didn't think much about it back then. I really don't care what anyone says, I know what I watched. You act like someone couldn't be easily paid off to take down the footage and people from both camps to keep their lips sealed. Theres a code of conduct when it comes to sparring, Especially for fighters on the come up. Stop acting like this is something new.
        I don't want the footage of the video. I want an article talking about the video or a forum post from any boxing site talking about the video. Show me anything where people are discussing the video while it was still live. There has to be at least one forum post on this site or other boxing site where people are talking about the video they just saw. Can you do that?

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
          Well, I don't know how social media posts serve as confirmation of the existence of a video or not, but I'll show you something for the sake of the request:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q78AxyyRp9Y

Comments, from 4 months ago, allude to it, if you load more:

"I have seen the sparring match they both did pretty good. I thought it was a little apparent that GGG had more power. The video use to be up on YouTube a while back but was taken down."

"That's was like 2 years ago so 24/3"

If, for real, none of you saw the video, then it's apparent that somehow it missed the general radar, which bewilders me.

I honestly thought that everyone had seen that thing. Being a Cotto fan, the first thing I do is study his possible opponents, so I looked them up as soon as their names became match possibilities.

I frankly don't care about the debate here itself, because I'm never going to debate something that there's no evidence for (at least not any longer, apparently). But to see everyone going on about that video never existing is too much for me to stand by and not say something, lol. And, again, I'm not even supposed to be posting anymore. It's just that I can't believe no one saw it.
          There's a guy on here who swore he saw it this year. There's another guy on here who said he saw it 2 years ago. The comment you posted said it happened when Canelo was 24 or 23 which was after he fought Floyd. But you said nobody downloaded it because neither fighter was popular. You see how this is turning into a bigfoot thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            There's a guy on here who swore he saw it this year. There's another guy on here who said he saw it 2 years ago. The comment you posted said it happened when Canelo was 24 or 23 which was after he fought Floyd. But you said nobody downloaded it because neither fighter was popular. You see how this is turning into a bigfoot thing?
            I'm simply responding to your request; there are people, beyond the ones in this thread, who assert they've seen it. Whether you find it believable or BigFoot-ish is beyond the issue. And I never said that Canelo and GGG weren't known; I certainly knew who they were when I saw the session.

Now that the video's taken down, there's no way to definitely prove or disprove its existence. I'm simply putting my two cents in, because I honestly don't understand why no one saved it, or how most of the people here, apparently, didn't even view it at all.
            Last edited by SunSpace; 09-15-2016, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
              I'm simply responding to your request; there are people, beyond the ones in this thread, who assert they've seen it. Whether you find it believable or BigFoot-ish isn't the issue.

Now that the video's taken down, there's no way to prove its definitive existence. I'm simply putting my two cents in, because I honestly cannot believe that most of you didn't see it.
              I don't need the video to prove it's existence. I said show me a thread or story on any boxing forum/site that talks about the video while the video was still supposedly on youtube. This site has been around since 2003. If there was a video somebody had to post a topic talking about it. Or a boxing reporter had to have written about the session from the video they watched. I don't need the video itself. I need to see articles or forum posts talking about the video while it was still up on youtube. That shouldn't be hard to find.

Comment

A fighter's KO percentage and his apparent dominance in the ring against certain fighters means virtually nothing. George Foreman was considered the same type of beast that Golovkin was today. Yet, we all know what happened to him when he met Muhammad Ali. A few years ago, a lot of fans and biased boxing talking heads like Brian Kenny and Larry Merchant, thought that Ricky Hatton would walk through Floyd Mayweather because Hatton was such a beast and was knocking everyone out. They said the same thing about Diego Corrales. We all know how those fights turned out.

Even though Alvarez had fought somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 fights at the time of this sparring session, he may as well have had five fights under his belt because he had fought 40 D-level fighters. Therefore, his performance in this sparring session means basically nothing. Also, even though Golovkin, according to the hype, walked through Alvarez in this sparring session, he didn't walk through Kassim Ouma in their fight. So, a performance in a sparring session means absolutely nothing.

I am not making excuses for Alvarez. I think Alvarez has been protected his entire career by his promoter, the sanctioning bodies and the judges. I do think he has improved since he fought Floyd Mayweather, not because he is such a good fighter, but because he has finally started fighting quality competition, and therefore, is a better fighter out of necessity. At the same time, I think Golovkin is not as good as his hype.

To sum it up, I would say that if Golovkin/Alvarez ever took place, it would be a 50/50 fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  I don't need the video to prove it's existence. I said show me a thread or story on any boxing forum/site that talks about the video while the video was still supposedly on youtube. This site has been around since 2003. If there was a video somebody had to post a topic talking about it. Or a boxing reporter had to have written about the session from the video they watched. I don't need the video itself. I need to see articles or forum posts talking about the video while it was still up on youtube. That shouldn't be hard to find.
                  Well, I'm not certain that whether it was covered specifically on boxing forums or not is definitive proof of anything, but I'll search.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                    My point was that people wouldn't be using a play by play article of the sparring session of the footage was readily available. That article gets recycled A LOT.... you know why??? Because the video footage is no where to be found..... Do you get it now?
                    You are dead-set one of the most moronic people I have ever talked to.

I don't even care if there is footage of any of this, I have zero interest in this. I am merely stating that the presence of one thing does not automatically exclude the presence of another. They can be mutually exclusive, going back to the original point you tried making that I blew up the chute - an abundance of written material supporting video footage. I am gobsmacked that you can't see through all of your own talk to see this.

Once again, to get this through your head - I do not care about the existence of a certain piece of footage. I am merely countering your assertion that for one thing to be there, the other cannot follow. It is possible for two things to exist in any circumstance side-by-side.

Just so we're clear, for the third and final time, I am taking apart your idiotic, single-eyed view that words can't exist alongside video. I sincerely hope for your sake, three times is enough to get it through your noggin'.

No more, no less. If you do not understand this point, let it go.

Should you choose not to address this directly, do not bother replying. I've already bombed on you once before (care to acknowledge that, or continue pretending it didn't happen?), I have no interest in continuing this further.

Do not reply to me, I have already wasted enough of my time on you. Should you decide to talk a little more smack or try and raise your fists like a fighter who prays the judges didn't see him lose 10 rounds to 2, I will not see it.

Go.

Comment

there was video of golovking talking about canelo after that sparring session, he said that a very young canelo was the best fighter he ever shared a ring with it...

Comment

Working...
                      X