No announcement yet.

Scott Quigg Vs Carl Frampton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
    Cant believe people are slagging Eddie Hearn off. British boxing was next to dead before he showed up. Now its thriving again and we have 11 world champions yet people still find a reason to moan.

Tell you what. How about Eddie hearn doesn't make a mint yet we have fcuk all to watch just like it was a few years back.
    Totally agree. Like he said in a recent interview "A few years back I was 'a breath of fresh air' now I am 'the devil incarnate'"

Promoters make so much less money than they used to. Hearn has done a great job of making the fights people want to see and he always explains why certain fights can't and haven't happened.

People should be blaming fighters like Mayweather. I am a big fan of his boxing but the way he picks his opponents was disgraceful. He'd pick fighters too early in their career (Canelo) or too late (Manny) and people no one wanted to see him fight (Berto???). He made boxing boring and for what? - so he could have an undefeated record which means nothing. It's not just Mayweather - there's a lot of fighters out there not stepping up to the plate. (Stephenson) Start blaming the fighters

Comment

I fancy Quigg to TKO Frampton in a entertaining fight. Surprised so many are favouring Frampton.

Quigg looks the part IMO.

Comment

good fight i cant wait, glad its happening, frampton should win on paper but quigg can get lucky, one punch can change this fight, id be shocked if quigg outboxed frampton or won by outboxing him.

quigg's team even want frampton to fight toe to toe, so quigg is obviously going to want to fight on the inside/close and land some bombs, frampton will obviously try and pick him apart over time, if frampton ko's quigg i will laugh my ass off.

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
        Totally agree. Like he said in a recent interview "A few years back I was 'a breath of fresh air' now I am 'the devil incarnate'"

Promoters make so much less money than they used to. Hearn has done a great job of making the fights people want to see and he always explains why certain fights can't and haven't happened.

People should be blaming fighters like Mayweather. I am a big fan of his boxing but the way he picks his opponents was disgraceful. He'd pick fighters too early in their career (Canelo) or too late (Manny) and people no one wanted to see him fight (Berto???). He made boxing boring and for what? - so he could have an undefeated record which means nothing. It's not just Mayweather - there's a lot of fighters out there not stepping up to the plate. (Stephenson) Start blaming the fighters
        hearn is full of **** thats why and he over hypes his fights and fighters, has them against eastern euro binmen and makes out as if they are the 2nd coming of jesus christ. hes one of the least honest promoters in the game.

he made ricky burns bankrupt through awful advice, the man should probably be retired now but he has to box on, hes a complete snake and he takes the public for a ride and treats them like ******s, hes like a bad used car salesman with a full treatment of faketan on, he would love nothing better than to chokehold the entire sport of boxing in britain, turn it into darts like on sky and have the public be completely brainless and mugged off while he laughs.
        Last edited by Machinist_X; 01-11-2016, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Not long now, For the ones of you who haven't seen it yet here's the face off

http://youtu.be/9cV9fKLEHdg

Carl seemed a bit vulnerable, Did anyone else get this? All in all I still believe this to be a 50/50 pick erm fight
          Last edited by typeone; 02-15-2016, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by typeone View Post
            Not long now, For the ones of you who haven't seen it yet here's the face off

http://youtu.be/9cV9fKLEHdg

Carl seemed a bit vulnerable, Did anyone else get this? All in all I still believe this to be a 50/50 pick erm fight
            Whoop De Whoooop Whoooop Whoooooop!! Mega excited for this one.

I was initially a little surprised at how easily Quigg seems to have gotten under Frampton's skin. Scott by his own admission isn't that articulate and I think I fell into the trap of equating that with intelligence. He's pushed the right buttons and the way that Barry responded to the suggestion that the team would have to work on Carl's 'mental demons' suggests there might to something to what Joe Gallagher was saying during the presser.

A good friend of mine is a big Quigg fan, he identifies with his spartan lifestyle and has been talking about this fight for the last couple of years. I felt for him. He'd ask me who I'd pick and I'd politely smile and generally keep my opinion to myself. Technique, ring smarts, punch selection. I had Frampton all day.

Now the fights got closer though, all my critical capabilities have shut down. I'm now in full fan fanatic mode. Quigg's a local lad and he's a ****in' nice guy! . . . . That now seems to be enough to make me conclude that Quiggels wins this one by stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by - Ram Raid - View Post
              Whoop De Whoooop Whoooop Whoooooop!! Mega excited for this one.

I was initially a little surprised at how easily Quigg seems to have gotten under Frampton's skin. Scott by his own admission isn't that articulate and I think I fell into the trap of equating that with intelligence. He's pushed the right buttons and the way that Barry responded to the suggestion that the team would have to work on Carl's 'mental demons' suggests there might to something to what Joe Gallagher was saying during the presser.

A good friend of mine is a big Quigg fan, he identifies with his spartan lifestyle and has been talking about this fight for the last couple of years. I felt for him. He'd ask me who I'd pick and I'd politely smile and generally keep my opinion to myself. Technique, ring smarts, punch selection. I had Frampton all day.

Now the fights got closer though, all my critical capabilities have shut down. I'm now in full fan fanatic mode. Quigg's a local lad and he's a ****in' nice guy! . . . . That now seems to be enough to make me conclude that Quiggels wins this one by stoppage.
              Good post buddy

I'm going to go for Quigg as well. I personally think he is to strong for Frampton, But then again Frampton could be elusive all night grrrrrrrrrr.

The mind ponders.. I just hope this fight at least goes into to the later rounds. I think this could possibly ignite into a proper little dust up

Comment

I've been pulling for Frampton for a while and even voted for him but I might be starting to change my mind. Quigg's team are going about things the right way and always have a plan. Frampton's team seem like they have a chip on their shoulder and that could cost him.

Not to add the big height difference, people don't realise but Quigg is a big sbw and a solid 3-4 inches taller than Frampton. That probably means a big reach advantage as well.

60-40 Quigg?

Comment

I see i'm 1 of only 6 who think that Quigg will win by ko.Victory shall be sweet lol.

I've always liked Quigg,his boxing has come on leaps and bounds over the last few years.I remember watching him years ago before he was with Hatton and thought he had something special about him.He's a big lad at the weight and clearly packs a punch for his size.I agree that Frampton is weak when it comes to taking body punches so that is an area i'm sure where Scott and Joe have worked on.

I haven't really seen much of Frampton.It's only the last few years i've watched him and thought he could box,he looks like he stays in shape inbetween fights and i don't know if that's because he struggles at the weight.He deserves maximum credit for his last fight against Gonzalez Jr,he made things tough for himself but Gonzalez was a stylistic nightmare for him,tall,rangy and wanted to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by typeone View Post
                    Good post buddy

I'm going to go for Quigg as well. I personally think he is to strong for Frampton, But then again Frampton could be elusive all night grrrrrrrrrr.

The mind ponders.. I just hope this fight at least goes into to the later rounds. I think this could possibly ignite into a proper little dust up
                    I hoping so.

This may be wishful thinking 'cause like I said I've become blinded by favouritism but if Frampton boxes too much on the back foot I think he's in trouble. He needs to keep Quigg honest either by hurting him with counters or by engaging with him now and again. If he does the later it could be explosive.

After watching him and his team in the build up I'm questioning whether Frampton can keep his composure if he's forced to trade.

Comment

If Quigg wants to win he must go toe to toe since round 1.

Otherwise I think Frampton can outbox him.

Comment

Working...
                      X