No announcement yet.

Ok.. what happened to Andre Dirrel?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok.. what happened to Andre Dirrel?

What ever happened to this kid? The last time I saw him in the ring was that crazy fight he had with Arthur Abraham.

I checked boxrec and I see that he's had 3 or 4 fights since then. Were these televised?

He seemed destined to be Andre Ward's rival at some point. What happened? His crazy lookin brother has stepped into the spotlight and made more noise than him.

Again, does anyone know the backstory on this guy?

Much appreciated.

Think he just re-signed with Al Haymon. Had a fight a few weeks ago and won by KO. Will be hard for him to become relevant again.

He is incredibly talented but doesn't seem to have the real desire to be champion.

His brother is ****.

Comment

That's a real good question. I think he was seriously damaged by either Abraham, or something in camp, or maybe a combination of both. Seems to me like they're just trying to get him some paychecks right now because there isn't really any push for more.

Comment

Comment

Arthur Abraham took his soul with a cheapshot.

He'll never be what he once was.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            His career wasn't exactly going places before 50 Cent, Laz.

There was that whole business after the Abraham fight. Then his unwillingness to fight Ward and the whole "Dr. Shaw Hi" thing....

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              That's a real good question. I think he was seriously damaged by either Abraham, or something in camp, or maybe a combination of both. Seems to me like they're just trying to get him some paychecks right now because there isn't really any push for more.
              So many people think he faked the Abraham shot, and I just can't believe that. He would have to be one of the most mentally weak world class fighters ever to deliberately shelve himself with a fake injury for like 2 years. Then, of course, he left Haymon for 50 Cent, which accounts for the last couple of years.

I don't know what he has at this point, but Dirrell is incredibly talented. I'd love if he could come back at least near his former potential.

Comment

He said being signed to 50 cent was "hell". Now that he's no longer with him I suspect he'll be fighting a lot more, as long as it's ok with Dr. Shaw Hi

Comment

Back next week, fighting Nick Brinson

Comment

Dirrell is a talented fighter with the IQ of an onion.

Comment

Working...
                    X