No announcement yet.

Alexander Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexander Usyk

In his second pro fight tomorrow, Oleksandr (Alexander) Usyk will be facing Epifanio Mendoza.

Mendoza is a solid journeyman who has pulled off some upsets (such as over undefeated heavyweight prospect Carlos Negron).

Here's Usyk's first pro fight against Felipe Romero (16-7):

Last edited by The Hammer; 12-13-2013, 02:42 PM.

He could become a great Cruiserweight.

But he is to small for Heavyweight

Comment

Is 6'3" too small for a heavyweight ? I don't see a lot of quality after the Klitschko brothers depart who are overly tall.Fury and Wilder are certainly overrated.

Not saying you guys aren't right or wrong,but don't be quick to write this dude off.his pedigree is undoubted,you don't win golds unless you can box,and last I checked this guy had a few notable feathers in his cap.

I think he has all the attributes to succeed at heavy.

Can't wait for him and Chakhkiev to make their mark on the cruisers.

Comment

He is fundamentally solid, hard-working, confident and very focused in his work so he should easily deal with his 'apprenticeship' period and soon enough get a belt at CW...moving forward I think, true, he is a bit small for today's HW division but I do believe he will try and move up at some point, I think he has said so in the past as being one of his goals, and compensating his size disadvantages with his skill, I think he would have a good chance of fair success if he progresses to his potential and possibly has the wasteland in front of him that will probably remain once K2 retire. Looking forward to seeing his current progress though!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
          Is 6'3" too small for a heavyweight ? I don't see a lot of quality after the Klitschko brothers depart who are overly tall.Fury and Wilder are certainly overrated.

Not saying you guys aren't right or wrong,but don't be quick to write this dude off.his pedigree is undoubted,you don't win golds unless you can box,and last I checked this guy had a few notable feathers in his cap.

I think he has all the attributes to succeed at heavy.

Can't wait for him and Chakhkiev to make their mark on the cruisers.
          Chakhiev tried & failed.

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
            Chakhiev tried & failed.
            What does that mean ? You saying he won't be back,he won't hold a title ? I can feel a little wager coming on here.

Comment

What TIME is Alexander expected to the ring ?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2013
                I agree, he is too small for heavyweight.

Because the cruiserweight division in more popular in Europe than in America, he'll be fighting over there.

I expect he'll win a cruiserweight title within 10 pro fights.
                Medzhidov is a two time World Amateur Champion at Superheavyweight and Usyk beat him easily winning all five rounds in WSB with no headgear. He also beat Joyce and Fa who are both athletic and well rounded 6'6 240lbs big men. If any regular sized pro Heavyweight is going to become a Champion and prove they can compete with giants Usyk will be the one to do it.

One loss to a world champion doesn't mean Chakhkiev is finished. He'll be back.
                Speaking of Rakhkim he fought Oleksandr's opponent today last year and didn't look too impressive beating him. It will be a big statement if Usyk beats Mendoza easier in only his second fight.

Comment

I'm not sure of the exact time, but it will likely be within the next hour or so.
                  Cheers dude.

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                  Medzhidov is a two time World Amateur Champion at Superheavyweight and Usyk beat him easily winning all five rounds in WSB with no headgear. He also beat Joyce and Fa who are both athletic and well rounded 6'6 240lbs big men. If any regular sized pro Heavyweight is going to become a Champion and prove they can compete with giants Usyk will be the one to do it.
                  Great post.agreed.

Comment

I'm having trouble finding the legal stream on the Inter TV site. Is it the "Live" section? It isn't loading for me. Just a black screen.

Comment

Working...
                    X