Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao-Juan Manuel Marquez: Pre-Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't see how after 3 fights the judges will give it to Marquez if he deserves it. Just not happening. Pacquiao's name is too big, not only that but I think the Bradley fight will have a psychological effect on these judges. They will be pressured to score rounds for Pacquiao, thinking they're doing the right thing and don't want to be put under a microscope by the media, like they did to the Bradley fight judges.

My prediction is actually all over the place, which is good. It means this is a good fight. My first take is that Marquez seemingly wins, but Pacquiao gets the decision on the scorecards.

Hope to be wrong though.

And my 2nd prediction is my theory about Marquez's newfound attitude about going for the KO, there's the possibility that this will be Marquez's worst showing. But that wouldn't matter if Pacquiao comes in fighting the last 30 seconds of every round like he did in the Bradley fight, and take the first 2:30 to rest and use his replayable footwork; that while Braldey was landing punches, HBO decided to replay how amazing Pacquiao's footwork was. Or if he comes fighting like he did in the 3rd Marquez fight. Either way, if Pacquiao tries to be cute and box, he's losing regardless if Marquez's muscles make him slower. But like I said, if Pacquiao gets just one KD, 1KD can = a win for Pacquiao.

Comment

I got Marquez by wide decision

Comment

Marquez is getting his retirement pay for this fight

It is true at on their last encounter Marquez make Pacquiao a bit slow but without those dirty tricks(stomping feet) Marquez is gone in boxing for good after that fight. This time he can't just wait for Pacquiao to come forward and step his feet and counter because the judge won’t agree, they always be on the side of the aggressor. His chance is to come forward but not specialty to do that, He will be hit by Pacquiao rapid punch and cause to a vicious knockout. This fight is the last one for Marquez could be a loss by knockout or UD. If Marquez will try to attack the fight wont last for 6 rounds.

Comment

MANNY and MARQUEZ are keeping alive this sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben d great View Post
            It is true at on their last encounter Marquez make Pacquiao a bit slow but without those dirty tricks(stomping feet) Marquez is gone in boxing for good after that fight. This time he can't just wait for Pacquiao to come forward and step his feet and counter because the judge won’t agree, they always be on the side of the aggressor. His chance is to come forward but not specialty to do that, He will be hit by Pacquiao rapid punch and cause to a vicious knockout. This fight is the last one for Marquez could be a loss by knockout or UD. If Marquez will try to attack the fight wont last for 6 rounds.
            i stop reading at "dirty tricks(stomping feet" YOU DONT KNOW CRAP ABOUT BOXING
            Last edited by solo20; 12-08-2012, 01:30 PM.

Comment

they stepped on each others feet man,damn you guys sound like clowns

Comment

Good take, two great fighters, and the "House Fighter", might not get the Shake!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solo20 View Post
                  i stop read at "dirty tricks(stomping feet" YOU DONT KNOW CRAP ABOUT BOXING
                  You can Read; Had me Fooled!!!

Comment

I think you forgot to mention Marquez as previous lightweight champ, and missing was Julio Gervacio as a former/current champion faced too. Nitpicking I know.

Comment

Yeah what I know in boxing is we can accidentally step opponent’s feet but to have it several times, if you look how Marquez do his feet it is not the way he used to be in other fights. I do like Marquez he is one of my favourite fighter but you should know what a cheat. Look on how He step and Manny step. I think Manny step his feet twice and that acceptable he didn’t meant it, but on the way Marquez did it sucks.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0-Ojw266g0

Comment

Working...
                      X