No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Evander Holyfield Blocks The Sale of His Olympic Medal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    Actually you have a racist mindset, even if it isn't hateful it's clear you have a bias for your own race. I can judge Holyfield all I want what are people supposed to do when they read this story? what do you think was meant to happen? people judge and give their take on what's happening to Holyfield. A guy losing $200 Million dollars is ridiculous
    He has reputedly earned nearly $300 mill in his lifetime, but we don't know how much he ended up with after all expenses" were deducted. Don King would know.....

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      have you seen broke for broke? he bought a big ass house but torn it down and built a super mansion with 2 bowling alleys and 100 rooms.
      The house, built in "good" times, cost him about $15 mill. It recently went for auction for $7.5 mill. I'd bet that some lucky fellow or comany will have a lucrative block of apartments out of it, the front looked really impressive. A mansion of mansions.

Comment

2 bowling alleys and 100 bedrooms, to having nothing.

Life wasted on stupidity.

Comment

I throw stones cause why not, fool deserve it. Becuase you that dumb.

I dont live pay check to pay check anymore cause I own my own buisness but I have lived pay check to pay check. My conclusion is you he is just a dumbass. your werent just one year rich fool you were a decade rich even two decade. you made you bed you lay in in.

simple.

Its a sad story yes, but not a story to sympathize with.
          Last edited by ElBossHogg™; 11-22-2012, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
            Only one...?? Fancy that....
            over your head it seems.

Comment

It's all about common-sense, and intellectual capacity. I gave from a very good family background, but when I went to live in Canada I was poorer than poor, living in an abandoned house, for over a year, making a heater out of an oil drum and scavenging wood from the interior panelling of the house. I even paid the owner rent for the place. I dug up the pathway, bought a $4 roll of old copper pipe, put in the water, bought a water cylinder and small oil stove with a carburettor in Goodwill, to heat the water, collected junk, beer bottles etc. until I got on my feet. When I earned $10 I spent a maximum of $7, and always, throughout my life, made damn sure never to buy anything on time payments, even cars, or houses. Ended up going through 2 universities, etc.etc. and to this day don't even have a credit rating. Never borrowed anything.

Tyson, originally from poverty, after he went to live with Cus D'Amato at age 14 or so, was comfortable, Lewis comes from a lower middle class family, and the Klitschkos come from a more educated background. Lewis and the Klitschkos have one thing in common, apart from being boxers, they both have lots of innate common-sense and money intelligence.
              Yes, they don't just throw their fortune away, they are able businessmen and unusual boxing champs in this sense

Comment

It's all about common-sense, and intellectual capacity. I gave from a very good family background, but when I went to live in Canada I was poorer than poor, living in an abandoned house, for over a year, making a heater out of an oil drum and scavenging wood from the interior panelling of the house. I even paid the owner rent for the place. I dug up the pathway, bought a $4 roll of old copper pipe, put in the water, bought a water cylinder and small oil stove with a carburettor in Goodwill, to heat the water, collected junk, beer bottles etc. until I got on my feet. When I earned $10 I spent a maximum of $7, and always, throughout my life, made damn sure never to buy anything on time payments, even cars, or houses. Ended up going through 2 universities, etc.etc. and to this day don't even have a credit rating. Never borrowed anything.

Tyson, originally from poverty, after he went to live with Cus D'Amato at age 14 or so, was comfortable, Lewis comes from a lower middle class family, and the Klitschkos come from a more educated background. Lewis and the Klitschkos have one thing in common, apart from being boxers, they both have lots of innate common-sense and money intelligence.
                Common sense and intelligence are certainly factors, but it's not quite so simple. Holyfield has a dozen children from a half-dozen women, and he's been divorced three times (all, no doubt, contributing factors to his financial ruin). These details are indicative of social values and perhaps even character quality. They don't necessarily indicate a lack of common sense or intelligence.

The kind of money that Evander made during is career is well beyond the management skills of most people, especially that of an athlete from a humble background. It requires one to enlist the services of financial professionals. (Even this is no guarantee of success, as there have been many stories of fraud among these "experts".) They would've acted as Holyfield's "brains," although they couldn't fully protect him from the above challenges.

Donald Trump, a man who was born into money and attended the prestigious Wharton school of business, was once forced to file for bankruptcy protection for his businesses and was brought to the brink of personal bankruptcy. Trump may be many things, but he's not stupid; and he's certainly no stranger to handling large sums of money. If he could bungle his finances, why should a boxer's money woes be attributed solely to his perceived stupidity?

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
                  Good, he deserves all of this. Maybe this will teach his kids not to have 30 kids who you cant support despite being in the top 1% of people who make millions a year.

Sad, if this dude had any common sense he woulda been rich, dude blew all his cash on stupid stuff and didnt invest any or prepare for his kids.

He deserves everything he got.
                  Exactly. In a world where 90% of the population has to work backbreaking 60hr weeks just to get by, I have no sympathy for the likes of Holyfield or Tyson.

They could have did some long lasting community work with that money, instead they wasted it on sports cars, legal bills, and gambling.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Common sense and intelligence are certainly factors, but it's not quite so simple. Holyfield has a dozen children from a half-dozen women, and he's been divorced three times (all, no doubt, contributing factors to his financial ruin). These details are indicative of social values and perhaps even character quality. They don't necessarily indicate a lack of common sense or intelligence.

The kind of money that Evander made during is career is well beyond the management skills of most people, especially that of an athlete from a humble background. It requires one to enlist the services of financial professionals. (Even this is no guarantee of success, as there have been many stories of fraud among these "experts".) They would've acted as Holyfield's "brains," although they couldn't fully protect him from the above challenges.

Donald Trump, a man who was born into money and attended the prestigious Wharton school of business, was once forced to file for bankruptcy protection for his businesses and was brought to the brink of personal bankruptcy. Trump may be many things, but he's not stupid; and he's certainly no stranger to handling large sums of money. If he could bungle his finances, why should a boxer's money woes be attributed solely to his perceived stupidity?
                    If you lose 200m on a bad investment, that may just be down to luck, however Holyfield lost most of his through gross and reckless spending that was unsustainable.

If I had 200m I'd buy a tonne of properties outright. I'd put a small fortune into a savings account for my kids. I'd buy a popular restaurant or two. I wouldn't live in a 50 bedroom mansion with crazy maintenance costs. I wouldn't own a fleet of luxury vehicles. I wouldn't employ an entourage of local cretins so I look street on ring entrances. I wouldn't have a personal barber. My legal and financial advisor's wouldn't be affiliated with boxing, rather reputable companies. etc etc.

Comment

This thread needs more Lennox Lewis

Comment

Working...
                      X