Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martinez Survives Final Round To Decision Chavez Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeeah. Atta boy, Martinez. Schooled Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
      delusional

You sure ?

Comment

• I was impressed with the way Sergio was fighting Chavez Jr . Chavez Jr looked puzzled the whole fight. Until the 12 round what a round that was Props to Chavez Jr. He showed a lot of heart and will agains't a guy that was way faster then him. Props to both fighters for giving us one hell of a fight. Like the way both fighters gave each other respect after the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
          How many miles did Sergio back pedal today? I mean cmon he stunk up the joint.
          There's a reason boxing is known as the sweet science. Nowhere does it say that you must sit in front of your opponent and trade punches. Don't take me wrong, I like seeing 2 punchers stand toe to toe and punch each others lights out. But what you had Saturday night was a puncher and a boxer. With the boxer clearly executing his fight plan to a near perfect match. IMO.

I also wouldn't say Sergio back pedalled but rather ran circles while landing clean shots on Chavez jr. again all part of his game plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by nomadman View Post
            Do you really believe that? It was clear to me that the reason Chavez didn't stop being a punchbag all night till the last round was a combination of bad weight drain and Sergio simply being too good for him. The first problem isn't going to get any better for him in a rematch, and I doubt the second will either considering how good Sergio is at adapting his tactics and learning from mistakes. As for the knockdown, I'd be amazed if anything like that happens again. Sergio got sloppy, that was the extent of it. Other than that he dominated Chavez from pillar to post. And you want to take away from that that Chavez will win a rematch? Come on, mate, get real.
            If he finds a deep motivation within and trains like a never, desire overcomes many things. I've seen this over 25 years.

Comment

Working...
            X