No announcement yet.

Is the death penalty immoral?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
    well we're not really talking about the rare mistakes they make in convicting innocent people to the death penalty, this thread is basically asking if you agree with the concept or not. i think people who have clear cut evidence should only really be convicted. does that sound better? how many times have people who have been given the death penality been innocent? i never looked into it but i remember seeing a documentary where they believed this one guy was.
    you know what you're actually right......
    this thread isn't meant to debate if it should be legal or illegal.

It states it the title if it's immoral. I still stand by my position...they're almost never 100% sure. 140 people on death row have been released after being proved innocent. That's just the people we know about.... so it happens fairly often..

Comment

You can't justify killing another person. What they should do is send all the murders, rapist and drug users to an island and send all the drugs and guns and let them live that life style and see how they like it.

Comment

Originally posted by tlaloc View Post
        You can't justify killing another person. What they should do is send all the murders, rapist and drug users to an island and send all the drugs and guns and let them live that life style and see how they like it.
        Yes you can....

what if you walk in on a serial killer murdering and torturing your kids? and you happen to have a gun in your pocket?

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          Yes you can....

what if you walk in on a serial killer murdering and torturing your kids? and you happen to have a gun in your pocket?
          I didn't say I wouldn't do it, I just don't think its right. It all depends in you're believes and the faith you have.. I think you would be more at peace if you're part of the solution and not the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by tlaloc View Post
            I didn't say I wouldn't do it, I just don't think its right. It all depends in you're believes and the faith you have.. I think you would be more at peace if you're part of the solution and not the problem.
            you don't think it's right to kill the guy who's about to kill your kid?

what would you think the right thing to do in that situation

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              you don't think it's right to kill the guy who's about to kill your kid?

what would you think the right thing to do in that situation
              the right think to do is detain him and let the law deal with him. But what I would probably do is unload my glock 37 on his ass and stomp on em. No it is never morally right to kill another human being under any circumstances, specially when talking about the death penalty because you're actually planning to kill that person and that's worst than acting in the heat of the moment. Its a very confusing topic and I do understand your point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
                No. This was an ancient practice. Actually "ojo por ojo, diente por diente" type of mentality it is what we need today. Who gave them the right to kill in the first place? Or rape? They should kill all the killers, cut the d!cks of all the rapers and cut the fingers of thief.

Also, in a side note they should legalize marijuana and cocaine.
                i know a place you would like then in some parts of the middle east this is common practice idk about the drugs though

Comment

people kill for different reasons though and while they are people like serial killers their desire to kill probably stems from some troubled childhood or something, also there are things like a crime of passion when someone just isnt thinking or loses it. not every ****cide is carried out by some ****** trying to fit into a gang.

Comment

alot of todays criminals that do get the death sentenced spend 10-15 years in death row.

Comment

There are a lot of mofos out there that deserve the death penalty.

Comment

Working...
                      X