No announcement yet.

Mares has regressed badly as a fighter since leaving Beristain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dick Gore View Post
    You're really insulting Rafa here man. Mares wouldn't even last 5 rounds with him.

Welcome to my ignore list.
    I actually agree that his technique has regressed a bit, but in no way is it as significant as you make it out to be. Way to start a thread that was obviously horrendously biased to begin with (lost his last two fights? yea man?) instantly ready to only stick to your dumbass argument without really listening to counter points. And no just reading doesn't count. Reading comprehension is pretty key.

Darch has a really awkward herky jerky southpaw style. Darch showed he wasn't quite over the hill yet. Mares does well as a boxer/puncher from a little bit of range. But Mares got a little criticism for not pressing the issue enough from the Perez fight (something he noted in post fight interviews) so naturally he was going to be mindful of pressing forward. Mares was docked a point for a low blow...AFTER a knockdown....AFTER a severe cut in the FIRST round. A cut that was making blood clearly run into his eye even though they claimed that it wasn't. Of course he had to come out of his natural fight technique/plan after all that. None of this matters right? You just itched to come here to claim his technique's the day after he shows himself to be sloppy in a fight he almost needed to make sloppy (a war). Nice hindsight yo.

Comment

Originally posted by ikim322 View Post
      I actually agree that his technique has regressed a bit, but in no way is it as significant as you make it out to be. Way to start a thread that was obviously horrendously biased to begin with (lost his last two fights? yea man?) instantly ready to only stick to your dumbass argument without really listening to counter points. And no just reading doesn't count. Reading comprehension is pretty key.

Darch has a really awkward herky jerky southpaw style. Darch showed he wasn't quite over the hill yet. Mares does well as a boxer/puncher from a little bit of range. But Mares got a little criticism for not pressing the issue enough from the Perez fight (something he noted in post fight interviews) so naturally he was going to be mindful of pressing forward. Mares was docked a point for a low blow...AFTER a knockdown....AFTER a severe cut in the FIRST round. A cut that was making blood clearly run into his eye even though they claimed that it wasn't. Of course he had to come out of his natural fight technique/plan after all that. None of this matters right? You just itched to come here to claim his technique's the day after he shows himself to be sloppy in a fight he almost needed to make sloppy (a war). Nice hindsight yo.
      He lost against Perez but got a gift, and he clearly lost last night and should've been dq'd for all the low blows.

Its not bias, its just fact.

Comment

He lost against Perez but got a gift, and he clearly lost last night and should've been dq'd for all the low blows.

How do you have 7000 posts and are still this ******ed? Way to counter my point of why his technique looked shoddy by...failing to come up with an answer? Oh that's right your useless OPINION...not fact...can't be changed. Because you are a monkey.

I actually bet on Perez that night and was glad he got the draw though I could've seen it either way. If anything, I thought Mares won it 115-113 but as any 115-113 scores go, it's not gonna be a 'JUST FACT' robbery either way. Most of press row also had Mares slightly ahead with the idea that a draw was justified.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
          i thought mares outworked vic.

c'mon man, if nacho was still with mares, mares wouldn't be in the tourney
          I share that same opinion. Nacho is a shit manager.

Comment

Bro, you hate Mares its clear now. Admit it. Mares won both those fights

Comment

no..he's always been just an overrated guy who's best win was a gift!

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                mares needs to move up weight.
                no one should take you seriously ever again......mares is small as hell.....and very weak physically even at 118.....the moment he meets a good punch blocker, all those arm punches are gonna get him countered to death....

and he was the same with nacho...he used footwork and waist movement like all nacho fighters....but his combinations were VERY sloppy and forced compared to the marquez style...not to mention weak

mares has great guts though, and he does have some fighting instincts and good handspeed...i think joel diaz was a good trainer for him...he looked better in his tune up before perez and vs perez.......

Comment

your too funny.

Comment

Working...
                  X