No announcement yet.

Odlanier Solis will fight Fres Oquendo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odlanier Solis will fight Fres Oquendo

Fres Oquendo will be Odlanier Solis's opponent, replacing Kevin Johnson on the Top Rank PPV in New York on Oct 10.

This should be a good, competitive fight!

And Oquendo will answer some questions about how good Solis is.
    Solis
    60.00%
    Oquendo
    0.00%
    Evenly matched, difficult to predict
    40.00%

The poll is expired.

Decent fight. would of liked kevin johnson/solis much more do

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
      Fres Oquendo will be Odlanier Solis's opponent, replacing Kevin Johnson on the Top Rank PPV in New York on Oct 10.

This should be a good, competitive fight!

And Oquendo will answer some questions about how good Solis is.
      seriously, fuk this isn't a good fight. Oquendo is blah and I really wanted to see how Johnson would do in a pick'em fight. Boooooooooo. Solis SHOULD tear Fres up. Truth be told, I don't really care. I'm disappointed.

Comment

Good fight!

Fres looked decent against Seldon. I think he'll be outworked, but he'll be able to land some shots here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
          Good fight!

Fres looked decent against Seldon. I think he'll be outworked, but he'll be able to land some shots here and there.
          It is an excellent fight. And Fres has battled some of the best at the time very well.

He's got a nice resume overall.

Did you interview him warp? He's a good down to earth guy.

Comment

If Solis comes into the fight out of shape, Id give Oquendo a fair chance at an upset win.

Hes a little boring in his style, but has the ability to pull off an upset if his opponent prepared.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
              It is an excellent fight. And Fres has battled some of the best at the time very well.

He's got a nice resume overall.

Did you interview him warp? He's a good down to earth guy.
              Yeah he was a nice guy to interview.

Here's what he had to say about Johnson-Solis when I asked here about it:

When mentioning other opponents after Seldon, it was inventible that Kevin Johnson and Odlanider Solis were to come up. The two fight on August 15th in Las Vegas at the Mandalay Bay. Oquendo had this to say about them:

“Well you know hopefully you know, best wishes to both of them, but whoever comes out victorious will hopefully man up and step up to fight a real heavyweight champion in myself and whoever wins I look forward to fighting,” Oqunedo explained. “The talent I possess and the hard work of boxing I’ve put in would overcome their inexperience in the new age of boxing.”
              http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=20571&more=1

Comment

Does anyone know if Solis is in shape or not? If not he will get out worked by Oquendo who I have never seen really out of shape.
                Last edited by Spray_resistant; 09-17-2009, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeartAttack View Post
                  seriously, fuk this isn't a good fight. Oquendo is blah and I really wanted to see how Johnson would do in a pick'em fight. Boooooooooo. Solis SHOULD tear Fres up. Truth be told, I don't really care. I'm disappointed.
                  Fres Oquendo is a decent fringe contender.

He'll be the best opponent Solis has faced in his pro career.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
                    Fres Oquendo is a decent fringe contender.

He'll be the best opponent Solis has faced in his pro career.
                    i think this is actually perfect opponent for solis to see how good he actually is..if he beats him convincingly it proves he is a top contender..if he barely gets by or even loses then we know what he is made of in the pro fight game

Comment

Working...
                    X