Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Didnt Cotto study the Clottey,Williams Vs Margarito???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raycorey View Post
    I Ask this question because i think Cotto went into this fight with the total wrong gameplan, I would have thought the williams and especially the clottey fight would have showed Cotto the blueprint of not running/backpedalling away from Margarito...Clottey box right in front of Rito and stayed off the ropes..I just think Team cotto got it wrong from the start.
    Ray.. I thought Cotto boxed perfectly.. His timing was spot on.. his accuracy was astounding.. his defense spectacular.. His skills are seriously underated, or maybe he just disn't realise how how good he actually is.. But he was perfect..

the problem was .. Margarito is freak of nature... I dont think there is a Welter on the planet who could have eaten the punches Tony ate and last more than 5-6 rounds.. you could say the same thing against cintron.. cintron can ****ing punch, and can one punch KO people.. but if your best shots aren't even budging the guy in front of you.. it breaks your heart man..
    if your heart breaks in the ring.. it dont matter who you are.. you are going to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO OWNS View Post
      You can read a million books about driving but really dont know **** until you actually get in a car and drive.

Same concept applies here.

He had a good gameplan, except he was throwing too many bombs early in the fight.
      Excellent response!

Cotto is not in the same caliber as Clottey in terms of defense, so I doubt using that plan would of worked for him anyway. As far as Williams goes, Cotto boxed (ran) better than Williams and actually connected way more punches than Williams did. All Williams did to win the fight was pitty pat weak ass jabs all night to score points due to activity. I think Cotto fought the "perfect" fight against a guy like Tony, there was no other way he could of won the fight, trading on the inside would of cost him the fight earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno113 View Post
        He had a great gameplan he just didn't have the stamina to pull it off in the later rounds

He had the wrong gameplan thats why he got ktfo, he was running and backpedalling,circling to his left and staying on the ropes.

All the guys Margarito knock out in his last 5 fight were knock out on the ropes(He KO cintron twice on the ropes)..He KO lewis on the ropes, He KO golden johnson on the ropes and Now Cotto...on the ropes.

Compare that with all the guys that last the whole 12 rounds with him, Both Clottey and williams STAYED off the ropes..

Comment

He had the wrong gameplan thats why he got ktfo, he was running and backpedalling,circling to his left and staying on the ropes.

All the guys Margarito knock out in his last 5 fight were knock out on the ropes(He KO cintron twice on the ropes)..He KO lewis on the ropes, He KO golden johnson on the ropes and Now Cotto...on the ropes.

Compare that with all the guys that last the whole 12 rounds with him, Both Clottey and williams STAYED off the ropes..
          Clottey and Williams both have extremely solid chins. Williams' is hard to hit and Clottey's chin is granite.

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
            Ray.. I thought Cotto boxed perfectly.. His timing was spot on.. his accuracy was astounding.. his defense spectacular.. His skills are seriously underated, or maybe he just disn't realise how how good he actually is.. But he was perfect..

the problem was .. Margarito is freak of nature... I dont think there is a Welter on the planet who could have eaten the punches Tony ate and last more than 5-6 rounds.. you could say the same thing against cintron.. cintron can ****ing punch, and can one punch KO people.. but if your best shots aren't even budging the guy in front of you.. it breaks your heart man..
            if your heart breaks in the ring.. it dont matter who you are.. you are going to lose.

I definitely agree with you on how Cotto box in the early rounds but even at that stage you knew he wouldnt be able to sustain it, He didnt mix his shot(To the body) and didnt move quite well (He was just backpedalling).

Rito is a freak of nature when it comes to taking shots to the head and if Cintron wasnt able to break Rito down with his powershot then its save to say cotto wouldnt.

Comment

I definitely agree with you on how Cotto box in the early rounds but even at that stage you knew he wouldnt be able to sustain it, He didnt mix his shot(To the body) and didnt move quite well (He was just backpedalling).

Rito is a freak of nature when it comes to taking shots to the head and if Cintron wasnt able to break Rito down with his powershot then its save to say cotto wouldnt.
              He did abandon his body game and head hunted a little too much.. ANd that could have been the difference as well..

Comment

Ray you also gotta take into consideration that Tony was aiming for Cotto's body for the first 6 rounds and did most of his damage to the body on the early rounds, that was his gameplan cuz he knew Cotto was going to dance, it was later when he felt he got him tired and beaten enough that he went headhunting.

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO OWNS View Post
                  Clottey didnt end up looking like he was attacked by a meat grinder.

Cotto did not belong on the inside with Marg.
                  So are you telling me if there was a rematch Cotto should do the samething again?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno113 View Post
                    He had a great gameplan he just didn't have the stamina to pull it off in the later rounds
                    and the bloody nose made it worst. Margarito hit him too many times

Comment

Originally posted by Shalafi View Post
                      Ray you also gotta take into consideration that Tony was aiming for Cotto's body for the first 6 rounds and did most of his damage to the body on the early rounds, that was his gameplan cuz he knew Cotto was going to dance, it was later when he felt he got him tired and beaten enough that he went headhunting.

Great post, This is my whole point...Margarito KNEW that Cotto was going to dance thats why he went to the body for the first 6 rounds, It was after cotto slowed down that Margarito went for the head.

Great fightplan by Rito but i thought Cotto's plan of backpedalling isnt a good plan at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X