No announcement yet.

Giovanni Lorenzo claims he beat Felix Sturm - Despite punchstats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giovanni Lorenzo claims he beat Felix Sturm - Despite punchstats

Still upset over his recent loss to WBA middleweight champion Felix Sturm on September 4th in Cologne, Germany, Giovanni Lorenzo is making plans to return to the ring before the end of the year and is targeting the biggest names in the middleweight division.

“I felt like the judging in the Sturm fight was terrible. It was a close fight, but I felt that I won at least half of the rounds. I still can’t understand how the judges only scored two for me. There were ringside media who spoke to my managers after the fight and they thought the fight was a draw” said Lorenzo.

“I believe I am the uncrowned middleweight champion of both the IBF and the WBA. I’m anxious to get back in the ring and continue my quest for a world title. Sturm said at the press conference that he would give me a rematch. I’d love to get him back in the ring again.”

“He never hurt me once during the fight. I think the judges gave him too much credit for his jab because he wasn’t hurting me at all. I see that the fight is on YouTube already. I invite everyone to watch the fight and you’ll see that I won and deserve to have the belt. It’s very frustrating.”

Lorenzo's claims seem strange. Considering that he was outlanded heavily by Sturm in the fight both in terms of jabs and power shots. Felix landed 249 out of 478 shots (52%) and Lorenzo landed just 105 out of 639 shots (16%). I thought Sylvester beat him aswell, although that was a much closer fight than the one with Sturm.

Just out of interest. How did people on here score it? I had 118-111 for Sturm. Other than the first 2 rounds and the last 2 rounds Lorenzo wasnt in the fight. He clearly lost. I can't believe he thinks that he won.

Lol.

Knee-jerk reaction from a fighter who's just lost in Germany. There was no controversy however. Sturm won that fight quite clearly.

Comment

Lorenzo has more excuses than wins. I stopped listening back when Abraham was a MW.

Comment

Working...
      X