• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good read.
    alot of bollocks but also alot of truth in that

Comment

Originally posted by alza1988 View Post
      Of all the people watching Ricky Hatton lose to Manny Pacquiao in two brutally one-sided rounds last Saturday no one will have felt more sadness than Hatton's former coach Billy Graham. For so long the training Ying to Hatton's boxing Yang, Graham watched with a mixture of sadness and frustration as the man he still rates as one of the world's finest boxers repeatedly walked onto Manny's hammer blows.

http://www.britishboxing.net/news_45...Pacquiao-.html
      What an ******* Billy is.He was interviewed just an hour before the fight and he said Ricky by KO.He is now trying to sell himself and Kerry so they can work with Hatton.

He's infact a heap of ****.He talks about how good Hatton was against Benny Tackie,who the **** is Benn Tackie.The Collazo he mentions is good but not elite.Billy isa crap trainer who was training a crap fighter.The only chance Hatton had against Pacman was with Sr.He decided to be trained by this Beard piss of **** and paid the price

Comment

Week ago he said that Hatton will smash Pacquiao!

Comment

Bull**** Mr Graham.

Comment

Sure I remember reading Hatton was out doing roadwork on the Thursday before the fight . Graham said he looked drained . I would defintley like to see Hatton giving welterweight a shot if it was the weight . If southpaws and the weight had anything to do with it . Who's to say he wouldn't be able to cut it with the welterweight . Even if it was just his conditioning just stay at JWW but the more exciting fights are at welterweight .

Comment

EDIT : nvm

Comment

Some of you guys have **** for reading comprehension.

What Graham is saying, is that when Hatton almost got KO'd by Lazcano, he wasn't sure if it was the virus or if Hatton was indeed washed up. Many people including Freddie Roach, the BBC, Skysports, etc, thought Hatton had shown he was washed up in that fight. Then came the Paulie fight...

We all saw Hatton win clearly, but he didn't look the same. I, personally, contributed to him "looking different" to being more cautious. Since Graham was not his trainer, he couldn't compare his strength on the body bag to his old self. He had to sit back on the outside and try to interpret everything.... guessing in short.

He thought Hatton looked weak, and with no power. Sure, he was using his jab, but he didn't appear to be that same imposing force he once was.

I invited some people over to watch the Paulie fight. They ALL came to the conclusion that Hatton looked very weak. I even told them, "It's probably not that, he just appears to look weaker since he's trying to box his way in now"... LOL, I will never judge a fighters current condition against a fighter like Paulie again. Looking back at it now, compared to his previous fights, Hatton does look like a shadow of his former self.

Graham is saying, that had he trained Hatton for the Paulie fight, he would have known 100% that it wasn't a "off-night" against Lazcano, it wasn't the "virus", but it was simply that Hatton had nothing left after his loss to Mayweather Jr.

Sure, Graham picked Hatton to win, because I'm sure in the back of his mind he was hoping he wasn't indeed washed up like many had thought. He got a reality check as soon as Hatton got hit by the first punch from Pacquiao, as did I. His punch resistance and strength was gone. Hatton was clearly not the wrecking force with a chin to walk through punches as he once was.

Graham is saying, had he trained him against Paulie, he would have known that, and he wouldn't have allowed him to fight anyone with power again, such as Pacquiao.

It was a excellent read, too bad some of the morons here can't understand what the man is trying to say. There's a lot of emotion in that, and some wishful thinking, but certainly not BS. There's a lot of truth in it!

Here's some quotes, that I, and many others didn't want to believe.

"I took everything out of Hatton, he has nothing left, after his wars, and after his fight with me, he is finished" - Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Hatton is not the same fighter after his loss to Mayweather, he took something out of him which is why he was on shaky legs against Lazcano" - Freddie Roach

Comment

alot of truth in that read.

Comment

For Graham the move to Floyd was doomed to failure, as he told me: “Floyd Mayweather talks about being ‘old-school', that is shorthand for ‘the trainer is old-fashioned'. The days of running with boots on or chasing chickens around a yard are long ****ing gone.

“Look at all the other sports, track events, football, the lot of them, they all use weights as part of their preparation, and the weight-work is handled by an expert, that is what coaching is about, innovation. Old-fashioned boxing trainers are trying to do the things that the old trainers did, but conditioning and preparing an athlete has moved on, you have to learn from new things. That is why you bring in someone like Kerry Kayes, because Kerry can manage weight without losing strength, and Kerry instils the core strength.

“Anyone can look good on a pair of pads, all those different combinations, and the rest of what they do, is choreography, the pads find the shots, they do most of the work, it can make anyone look like they are world class, but that is not always the way things are when the first bell goes.

I liked what he said about mayweather snr training methods which is all true imo

Comment

graham is obviously tooting his own horn.

Comment

Working...
                      X