Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A replacement fighter to a 140 pound king! Give the man some respect.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A replacement fighter to a 140 pound king! Give the man some respect.

How can anyone hate on Danny? I mean I really understand Angel's frustration. It sucks. Danny keeps winning fights he's supposed to lose. Holds all the belts. He's undefeated. It's not like you can say Danny ducked this and that person. He was supposed to lose to Khan. He was nothing more than a replacement for Peterson. A stay busy fight for Khan. He knocked Khan out. He goes to Zab's hometown and beats Zab. And people have the nerve to say Danny was scared of Matthysse? Off of how he looked on camera?? On top of that he holds the ring belt and the ring magazine wants to put Matthysse on the front cover. So he fights Lucas and drops him, and beats him and now some people are saying he has to give him a rematch? He was supposed to lose this fight too. He was the underdog. Naw **** the rematch. I mean come on, the man is due for respect. By now at least.

I feel like everything Danny does, he does it the hard way. Went from a replacement to a 140 pound king. And all throughout his reign he was always shunned. Almost as if the world doesn't want him at the top but he forced his way up. Gotta respect that.
    Last edited by The_Sandman; 09-15-2013, 11:48 AM.

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
    How can anyone hate on Danny? I mean I really understand Angel's frustration. It sucks. Danny keeps winning fights he's supposed to lose. Holds all the belts. He's undefeated. It's not like you can say Danny ducked this and that person. He was supposed to lose to Khan. He was nothing more than a replacement for Peterson. A stay busy fight for Khan. He knocked Khan out. He goes to Zab's hometown and beats Zab. And people have the nerve to say Danny was scared of Matthysse? Off of how he looked on camera?? On top of that he holds the ring belt and the ring magazine wants to put Matthysse on the front cover. So he fights Lucas and drops him, and beats him and now some people are saying he has to give him a rematch? He was supposed to lose this fight too. He was the underdog. Naw **** the rematch. I mean come on, the man is due for respect. By now at least.

I feel like everything Danny does, he does it the hard way. Went from a replacement to a 140 pound king. And all throughout his reign he was always shunned. Almost as if the world doesn't want him at the top but he forced his way up. Gotta respect that.
    MAD Respect for him.....but I learned to respect his abilities long time ago!

Comment

Refused to jump on the Matthysse bandwagon that was in full steam here on BS.

I mean 80% of people on here thought he'd get destroyed!

The second the fight was made, I instantly favoured Garcia. This man has had my respect for a few years now and he will continue to prove the doubters wrong.

Comment

But another thing that sucks is Danny's next fight is probably going to be Floyd Mayweather, and at that point Danny has no other choice but to be the underdog again. Even me being a huge Danny fan will have to count him out. It sucks but if anyone was a betting man, we're going to go with Floyd. Simple as that. So all throughout his 140 reign, he was the underdog. And his first fight at 147 he's going to be the underdog.

Comment

There should be a lot of people eating crow tonight, but of course they won't, since it's ok to hate some fighters. But yeah mad props to Danny and I hope he fights Broner next.

Comment

I was doubting him harder than most. I was completely wrong. All the credit in the world to him for a well disciplined and well fought win.

Comment

I respect Danny. He fought the best 140 pounder out there and won. I don't respect his father at all except as a good trainer. There is no reason for a person to act the way Angel Garcia acts or verbally attack other fighters in the extreme manner that he does.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                I respect Danny. He fought the best 140 pounder out there and won. I don't respect his father at all except as a good trainer. There is no reason for a person to act the way Angel Garcia acts or verbally attack other fighters in the extreme manner that he does.
                I think Angel is the reason why there are a lot of Danny haters. But me personally, I enjoy Angel's antics. It just adds that passion and drama to an already huge fight. And like I said before, I understand Angel's frustration. I don't understand his verbal assaults on an opponents clothes or whatever unless it's just to promote. Which is normal in boxing.

Comment

Working...
                X