Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hatton Admits He Would Have Retired Even in Victory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just saddened why so many people just jump to conclusions and make the guy look worse when he is already in the bottom of his life. I just wish Ricky Hatton can have a good, normal and a happy life even if he's not under the limelight. He was a great champion and has made his countrymen proud. He need support and not heartless comments. I hope him well.

Comment

Originally posted by cuzzlo View Post
      Yh, get that money Ricky off your lovable gullible. Best career victories against a faded Castillio, who was a trumped up light Welter, a faded Kostya, who you holdhitted and mauled, avoided Witter, lucky against Collazo. We all know the rest,!!!
      He also avoided Judah and Mitchell.

Comment

Personally I can say that I became a boxing fan becuase of Ricky Hatton. The hype and everything involved in the mayeather fight pushed me into the sport and I've loved it since, even though he didn't triumph. and I dare say that there are others who are in the same boat as myself.

whatever the reason for this comeback, Ricky Hatton did a huge amount for the sport and deserves respect for that, certainly more than he is being shown by some people on here.

I hope he sticks to he word, and finds a new role in the sport that will help him with a happy retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Emperor View Post
          Personally I can say that I became a boxing fan becuase of Ricky Hatton. The hype and everything involved in the mayeather fight pushed me into the sport and I've loved it since, even though he didn't triumph. and I dare say that there are others who are in the same boat as myself.

whatever the reason for this comeback, Ricky Hatton did a huge amount for the sport and deserves respect for that, certainly more than he is being shown by some people on here.

I hope he sticks to he word, and finds a new role in the sport that will help him with a happy retirement.
          You register only to say this?

Comment

Hatton was a great fighter, and its a shame now that hes lost he is considered a nobody.

That seems to be the case, not so much if you lose an unbeaten record, more the fact you dont win another fight after losing your first fight.

But then again, Hatton did beat Paul willie pepalike Malignaggi. So Hatton was a very, very good fighter. His layoff led him to lose to Schenko and not taking care of himself all these years.
            34 is old for someone who dont look after themselves. Even some who do look after themselves diet wise and stuff are too old at 34.

Comment

Originally posted by jonah777 View Post
              I am just saddened why so many people just jump to conclusions and make the guy look worse when he is already in the bottom of his life. I just wish Ricky Hatton can have a good, normal and a happy life even if he's not under the limelight. He was a great champion and has made his countrymen proud. He need support and not heartless comments. I hope him well.
              Good post.

Its a shame so many so called boxing fans cant seem to appreciate the display of heart and courage which Hatton displayed throughout his career. Its difficult to fathom how they can sit behind their computers and criticise a guy who fought hard after 3 years off, and took on 2 atg's in their prime.
              Quite disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGMARS View Post
                You register only to say this?
                The_Emperor
                Amateur

Nope :P

just felt like adding my thought

Comment

Wait so it was just a money grab? Damn Ricky. Hope he finds peace in retirement.

Comment

What are these people talking about. The "he only did it for the money" crowd. How many of them go to work for any other reason. It's a profession, of course he did it for the money, duh. I just don't like him saying things like "this is the end of Ricky Hatton". It's only the end of his boxing career, if he wants it to be. Rickey Hatton must move on, show that he's a real champion in defeat as well as triumph. Stay on top, stay in shape, be a role model. Youngsters will want to be like Ricky Hatton, give them a good example.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      Hatton was a great fighter, and its a shame now that hes lost he is considered a nobody.

That seems to be the case, not so much if you lose an unbeaten record, more the fact you dont win another fight after losing your first fight.

But then again, Hatton did beat Paul willie pepalike Malignaggi. So Hatton was a very, very good fighter. His layoff led him to lose to Schenko and not taking care of himself all these years.
                      34 is old for someone who dont look after themselves. Even some who do look after themselves diet wise and stuff are too old at 34.
                      Obvious troll.

Comment

Working...
                      X