Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are So MANY people Picking Lee to BEAT Chavez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fvck LamarSmith View Post
    Please tell me who Gainer fought in those four years.....I'll be waiting.

Like I said, Gainer is similar to judah in the fact that he is talented as hell, but due to his laziness, lack of discipline, etc, for the most part he is considered a waste of talent.

I was a fan of his back then, so I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who followed the guy closely then. I don't see how beating Gainer at 130lb equates to a good win....just like if someone were to beat Judah at this point.
    He did beat Kevin Kelly and Manuel Medina (though Medina had lost some fights prior to fighting Gainer).

I'd compare it more to beating Zab Judah in 2007 or so. Gainer was still arguably prime in 00' and went on to have good wins after losing to Corrales, and had a good win over Kelley prior to fighting Corrales.

I'm just saying, it was an alright win for Corrales.

Comment

Originally posted by Poonpuppy View Post
      It's a 60/40 fight in Chavez's favor imo.
      75-25 actually. The dude is below journeyman level.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
        75-25 actually. The dude is below journeyman level.
        Now you're just being stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post

Comment

Reading through this thread u would think Chavez is an elite fighter who is levels above Lee. I guess Arum and Top Rank are better matchmakers and promoters than most of u give them credit for.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
              that was established from the first post....

Lee seems to be a better or at least more well rounded fighter than Chavez, I would say he likely has the best power of any fighters Chavez has faced and his size and stance also should be looked at as advantages. Put that together with JCC jr's struggles on the scale and you have a recipe for a LEE victory. Im willing to throw 10 mill on Lee.

Comment

Originally posted by Fvck LamarSmith View Post
                Because that wasn't a KO victory.

Cintron was talking to the ref and knee was off the ground when at the 9 count mark.
                Seriously Top Rank?

It was a KO. Cintron was trying to get up at 9 which is why the ref stopped the fight. In order for Cintron to have been up at 9, like you said, he should've started getting up at 8 or 8 1/2. You know as well as I know, that when you're finally trying to get up at 9, the fight is suppose to be over.

The replay's show that there was no headbutt involved, but clearly a punch. The ref stopped the fight which made it a KO victory. Your trolling is endless.

@3:07

Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 04-08-2012, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Volta View Post
                  I see.....I think Rubio was more Dangerous tbh though

no way

lee is slow as mollasses but he can crack a bit with either hand, is a bit of a technician fighting under emanuel for so many years (enough to land his shots on jr,) and wont have any problems opening up and landing on jr and setting his feet.

rubio is not in his class.

chavez still beats him

i think his footwork is good enough to get inside
                  he's got a hell of a chin, and even though lee can crack and has decent combinations i dont think he can keep chavez on the end of them.

chavez has limits, and a complete fighter will expose them, but there really arent many guys out there who fit the bil. martinez. golovkin. pirog might have some troubles but i'd lean on him to beat chavez.

a big, strong, sound boxing MW with power and enough skills to land and step to the side would beat the hell out of chavez. the kid takes tons of punches.

he'd be an easy UD for a sound boxer / puncher
                  lee is not fast enough of foot. not even close

chavez UD

i hate to say it, but while he's able to weigh in at 160 he's going to be successful against anybody who he's able to lean on. if he gets his head or shoulders on your chest and gets you on the ropes and you're a MW you will lose.

the kid probably takes drugs to dehydrate and rehydrate to 180 + after the fight.
                  he is HUGE

at 168 his size wont be anything out of the ordinary. certainly not at 175. he's not going to be a MW forever.
                  starting to doubt that he and canelo will ever fight. chavez jr is too big.
                  Last edited by New England; 04-08-2012, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Lee is a good match up for Chavez. Martinez might be too small. Besides, Martinez has lost a step since this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by mev1 View Post
                      Lee is a good match up for Chavez. Martinez might be too small. Besides, Martinez has lost a step since this fight.
                      I'm talking about the fight with Cintron.

Comment

Working...
                      X