Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking back months later...did hopkins quit against dawson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking back months later...did hopkins quit against dawson?

I think it quite obvious he did. his body langage showed he didnt want to fight. he didnt even try to get up. even at the press conference he couldnt look at dawson and was quiet as a mouse. he knows what he did. he cannot win this one with his tactics. dawson is too smart, big, .;ghnmzxz\xfgl
    ]'\et
    =[]ov strong, and motivated and I like this new version him.

what u all say?

i think the real answer will be in the performance he shows in the rematch

Comment

I think I those two rounds he saw he couldn't beat Dawson and had a bad game plan and chose to quit to come back with a new one not saying he'll win but it'll Prbly be close

Comment

how do you spell YES

Comment

I believe he did not.

I do believe he was trying to milk the "injury" for what it was worth and it backfired on him.

People saying in 2 rounds he knew he wasn't going to win? Hopkins always starts pretty conservately.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
            I think I those two rounds he saw he couldn't beat Dawson and had a bad game plan and chose to quit to come back with a new one not saying he'll win but it'll Prbly be close
            Wouldn't make sense, he's always been a master at adjusting. He would have quickly formulated a plan if his initial one didn't work. What I believe happened was, there was some legitimacy to the injury, and because he knew who was in front of him, he bailed himself out as in his mind he felt...only thing he was gonna accomplish was handing out the title. So in short he quit, as hard as it is for me to admit that. Another possibility is, he looked for the ref to deduct a point and fucked himself in the process, I don't know

I've only watched it twice, not a good look for Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
              I believe he did not.

I do believe he was trying to milk the "injury" for what it was worth and it backfired on him.

People saying in 2 rounds he knew he wasn't going to win? Hopkins always starts pretty conservately.
              I think he tried to get a cheap DQ win rather than face what may have been a difficult night where he was uncertain he would win.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
                I believe he did not.

This. It was an old trick too far from B-Hop.

Comment

He didnt quit, he tried to get a DQ win over Dawson by faking

Comment

No Dawson ain't no killer I genuinely feel B-Hop he was hurt

Comment

Working...
                    X