No announcement yet.

Australian Open Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol much tougher??

Wasn't it a 5 setter with djokivic a break down?? If fed was to give him a harder game he would have lost

Comment

• Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
      Lol much tougher??

Wasn't it a 5 setter with djokivic a break down?? If fed was to give him a harder game he would have lost
      What I mean is Djokovic probably would've had a harder time playing Federer. If Djokovic had a choice between playing Federer or Nadal in the Australian Open final, he probably would've chosen Nadal, considering that he has beaten him in the two previous grand slam finals.

Comment

• Yeah. Federer ended his unbeaten run at the French and had match point in the US Open the last two years I think. Djoko got a bit lucky by just slapping a return on one of them. I think Fed has the best chance of beating Djoko in a slam right now.

Comment

• Federer has the game to beat anyone in the world but he is pretty old now in tennis terms (30 years old is ancient in Tennis they peak at 23 to 25). That Federer can only come out rarely because he can't bring that sort of tennis out match after match, it isn't physically possible anymore and he knows it.

Nadal has lost to Djokovic 7 times in a row now, but he still gives him a good run for his money that has got to be respected.

Djokovic has the game to win so many more titles and he has another year or two where he can play at this ridiculous pace I think, his game is so physically demanding just like Nadals. All that sliding, retrieving has to...no one can replicate Federers game which looks so effortless.

Comment

• It looks like there are some undertones of Djokovic dislike on this thread. No excitement or praise whenever The Djoker pulls off a victory, whether he dominates or comes from behind.

Comment

• Not really related to the Aus Open, but posting it cause it made me

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                It looks like there are some undertones of Djokovic dislike on this thread. No excitement or praise whenever The Djoker pulls off a victory, whether he dominates or comes from behind.
                I'm like that not because of Djokovic but because of the people who play him. I'm tired of them rolling over to him. Yes, he is damn good. Don't just give up and let him do whatever the hell he wants though. That's more disappointing than losing.

Nadal had a chance to beat him. Whenever he played close to the line, and put less spin on shots, he'd win points. Whenever he played 9 ft behind the baseline and put loopy high bouncing balls in the court, he'd lose points.

Change game much?

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  I'm like that not because of Djokovic but because of the people who play him. I'm tired of them rolling over to him. Yes, he is damn good. Don't just give up and let him do whatever the hell he wants though. That's more disappointing than losing.

Nadal had a chance to beat him. Whenever he played close to the line, and put less spin on shots, he'd win points. Whenever he played 9 ft behind the baseline and put loopy high bouncing balls in the court, he'd lose points.

Change game much?

So if Djokovic had lost, would you have been as analytical about how he could've beaten Nadal if he hadn't done this and done that?

Or does this just apply to the 5 time champ who just recently started winning majors - unlike the other two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post

So if Djokovic had lost, would you have been as analytical about how he could've beaten Nadal if he hadn't done this and done that?

Or does this just apply to the 5 time champ who just recently started winning majors - unlike the other two.
                    Djokovic didn't recently start winning majors. He won the AO some time ago.

I'm just looking for a good match. I don't want to see someone roll over. Play your heart out and if you lose, so be it. Don't hang back and watch the game slip away.

Like Murray. He didn't beat Djokovic but he went out on his shield this time and I was content with the match.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      Djokovic didn't recently start winning majors. He won the AO some time ago.

I'm just looking for a good match. I don't want to see someone roll over. Play your heart out and if you lose, so be it. Don't hang back and watch the game slip away.

Like Murray. He didn't beat Djokovic but he went out on his shield this time and I was content with the match.
                      So the match has to go 7-6, 6-7, 7-6, 6-7, 7-6 to meet the criteria? Wasn't it the longest Aus. Open final in history and it went 5 sets? What more do you want? Does it have to be a drag out battle to the last point?

Nadal lost and Djokovic was better. Djokovic beat him at his own game and Nadal broke down. It's boxing's version of chopping down the tree and TKO'ing him in the late rounds. Nadal could've easily been done after the 3rd set but he made a surge. But because Djokovic held on to win, it's somehow tainted?

Were you saying this when players were dropping games to Nadal and Federer in the finals, over the years?
                      Last edited by cupocity303; 01-29-2012, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X