Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Margo sue Cotto for false allegations?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's already made it past summary judgment. . mayweather tried to have jdugement rendered for him in a summary judgment motion. . . judge said NOPE! there is DEFINITELY enough evidence here to require this matter to go to trial! lol. . . no telling how much floyd has spent in lawyers fees fighting this damn charge. . . oscar is smart; he knew what the deal was and went ahead and just apologized and admitted he was lying so manny dropped the charges against him. . . floyd ole dumbass. . . LOL! hahaha. . . gonna **** around get a multimillion dollar judgement levied against him NOT TO MENTION court costs which are already in the millions prolly. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Pugly! View Post
      to make it simple, no. . . margarito's reputation is already damaged because of a proven use of plaster. . . and, most importantly cotto has a reasonable basis. . . it's not something "he knows or should have known is untrue" the standard is what would "a reasonable person in the same or similar circumstances" believe? a reasonable person in cotto's circumstances, with the mosley fight, and the pictures, etc. would have reason to believe, and thus base his statements on.

pac, however, WILL WIN his case against mayweathers. . .
      this is defamation, its not a negligence tort. i think u might wanna revise the way u examined it, altho your conclusion is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        this is defamation, its not a negligence tort. i think u might wanna revise the way u examined it, altho your conclusion is correct.
        In a case like this one, especially where it is a civil matter and not a criminal one, the one who spends the most money will win. Don't count on Manny winning unless he is willing to pay dearly.

Mind you, all I am suggesting is that money makes justice in matters such as these. Hell, most of the time it's the same in criminal courts. Just take a look at corporate criminals.

Comment

Originally posted by Very Rich Man View Post
          Of course he can. In this country you can sue for just about anything and still win. The thing is Tony isn't a scared little female dog. He much rather settle his business in the ring rather than in the court room unlike a certain Filipino we know.
          my man

Comment

Working...
          X