Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naseem Hamed or Antonio Tarver who place's higher on a all time great list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now, I'm in the small group of people who are actually Tarver fans here - but anyone who picks Tarver is a little wacky, that's all I'm saying.

Comment

Neither are ATG's.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Neither are ATG's.
        I think he just means where they would place in an All-Time list of all the notable guys ever to do it, not necessarily a top 100-200 (wherever one numerically draws the line to define ATG).

Comment

Tarver is NOT an ATG.

Comment

Tarver was a good to very good fighter who essentially made his name in a weak division and then by beating a damaged version of Roy Jones. But he was nothing to get excited about and i wont be mentioning him to my kids and grandkids

Prince Naseem Hamed is another matter all together! He was a Great Fighter, not ATG but great nonetheless. The hardest hitting Feather weight that ever walked imo and at his best he had fantastic reflexes and agility to boot, one of a kind and so so exciting in and out of the ring, love him or hate him u WERE entertained! Naz was on the slide long before he lost to the Truely Great Prime Marco Antonio Barrera and anyone who has seen the documentry leading to that fight (Big Fight Little Prince?) knows Naz was not ready for that fight. No excuses the best man Did win but it wasnt the one sided ass whipping people remember, he had some moments in there even then.

Basically im saying NAZ >>> TARVER
            Last edited by The Surgeon; 05-24-2011, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Wait a minute, excuse me, he beat Rocky Balboa!

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCE O' PROSE View Post
                I think he just means where they would place in an All-Time list of all the notable guys ever to do it, not necessarily a top 100-200 (wherever one numerically draws the line to define ATG).
                In that case then it's Naz.

Comment

Hamed easily. He beat alot of good but not great fighters, Its a shame he is mostly remembered for his loss to Barrera (which is nothing to be ashamed of tbh).

Comment

who on naz's resume is better than a seemingly undefeated rjj?

naz was more exciting, but the better fighter is still tarver IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                      who on naz's resume is better than a seemingly undefeated rjj?

naz was more exciting, but the better fighter is still tarver IMO.
                      Overall résumé matters more than one huge win.

Naz was more exciting, is the better fighter and has the far superior overall body of work. And that's from a Tarver fan.

I know you harbor strong contempt for a certain community, but don't embed that prejudice to the point of making yourself appear unlearned.

Unless you actually are unlearned about Hamed's opposition.
                      Last edited by PRINCE O' PROSE; 05-24-2011, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X