Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Be Real, Floyd Mayweather Would've Beaten Sugar Ray Robinson If They Fought

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    I don't know.....Revenge of the Sith was a damn good movie. Then again I don't watch movies for the special effects :hah9:

Poet
    you play????

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparky Lamotta View Post
      you play????
      Depends on what you mean by "play" :hah9: I used to be an active chess player but I don't think that's what you meant :chuckle9: I don't play any on-line games.

Poet

Comment

The truth is, the vast majority of the fighters being touted as "great" today won't even be remembered 10 years from now. That happens in EVERY generation. Hindsight removes the missgiven tag of greatness from the detritus that inevitably gets over-hyped simply because they're active NOW.

Poet
        Pacquiao and Floyd wont be forgotten in ten or even 20. Maybe Martinez or even Mosley will lose their luster after a while. There are always greats that get forgotten too. Holyfield is left off lists many many times. Morales and Barrera are great fighters that have already been written off by the new generation.

Originally posted by DeepSleep View Post
        The size difference between the two is too much for Floyd. At 135 I could imagine Floyd giving some of the ATG LW's some issues but not the ATG WW's.
        Their near the same size welters if Floyd doesnt have the edge.

Comment

Funny, even while watching today's fights as they happen how do I know there isn't any Don King "funny business" going on? :jerk0ff9:

Poet
          Its true of this era as well. But we can actually see it for ourselves. Does that dawn on you as a difference. The fixes King put on werent racially mtivated to keep a whole group of people hopeless. Its motivated strictly by the fattening of his pockets. Doesnt make it right but it is a lesser crime IMO. "Or maybe I'm just an angry black dude holding on to the past that wasnt that bad".

Comment

• Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
            Pacquiao and Floyd wont be forgotten in ten or even 20. Maybe Martinez or even Mosley will lose their luster after a while. There are always greats that get forgotten too. Holyfield is left off lists many many times. Morales and Barrera are great fighters that have already been written off by the new generation.
            It wasn't Manny and Floyd I was referring to. Holyfield's being left off lists has more to do with suspected PED use than anything else: If it wasn't for the "Evan Fields" scandal no one of any repute would be leaving him off (for the record he makes mine, #7 all-time at Heavyweight). Morales and Barrera are being written off by idiots: I know of no reputable poster on Boxing Scene that writes them off.

Poet

Comment

• I never predict a fight unless I have seen the fighter in action.

however, we HAVE seen who he beat, ie Tunney and Loughran. I dont know about you, but I respect Tunney and his skills. If Greb can beat him even with a size disadvantage, I think its fair to say that he would beat Carlos Baldomir....

on the other hand, I would never feel comfortable saying that Greb would beat ATGs like Hagler, Monzon, Hopkins, etc without seeing him fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                Its true of this era as well. But we can actually see it for ourselves. Does that dawn on you as a difference. The fixes King put on werent racially mtivated to keep a whole group of people hopeless. Its motivated strictly by the fattening of his pockets. Doesnt make it right but it is a lesser crime IMO. "Or maybe I'm just an angry black dude holding on to the past that wasnt that bad".
                The motivation is irrelivant from a BOXING standpoint.....which is what we're talking about here. Both call into question the integrity of the sport.

Socially, yes there's a difference but that's for another forum.....

Poet

Comment

It wasn't Manny and Floyd I was referring to. Holyfield's being left off lists has more to do with suspected PED use than anything else: If it wasn't for the "Evan Fields" scandal no one of any repute would be leaving him off (for the record he makes mine, #7 all-time at Heavyweight). Morales and Barrera are being written off by idiots: I know of no reputable poster on Boxing Scene that writes them off.

Poet
                  I dont know what your list consists of totally. Personally Ive never made a steadfast list for any category or weight class. What fighters do you speak of when you say that fighters are being mislabeled as great?

Comment

Depends on what you mean by "play" :hah9: I used to be an active chess player but I don't think that's what you meant :chuckle9: I don't play any on-line games.

Poet
                    mass effect? the game that matters... lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by Steak View Post
                      I never predict a fight unless I have seen the fighter in action.

however, we HAVE seen who he beat, ie Tunney and Loughran. I dont know about you, but I respect Tunney and his skills. If Greb can beat him even with a size disadvantage, I think its fair to say that he would beat Carlos Baldomir....

on the other hand, I would never feel comfortable saying that Greb would beat ATGs like Hagler, Monzon, Hopkins, etc without seeing him fight.
                      Fair enough. From what Ive seen I dont feel comfortable saying even Jack Johnson could beat the HW's today. The technique is so different and more effective. So I'm not picking on Greb or anything.

Comment

Working...
                      X