Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jim Lampley's Biggest Man Crushes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"No disrespect to you Roy, but Marco Antonio Barrera is the smartest boxer I've ever met"

Lampley also got so excited that his mancrush was about to beat Hamed that he went with that over-the-top "Allah knows how to spell Barrera" quote, and actually spelled out Barrera's name.

Anyone remember how angry he was that the KD against Marquez wasn't called? It's true that it was a legit KD before the foul, but it took him a whole round and about 5 replays to finally admit that Barrera did hit Marquez when he was down.

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post
      "No disrespect to you Roy, but Marco Antonio Barrera is the smartest boxer I've ever met"

Lampley also got so excited that his mancrush was about to beat Hamed that he went with that over-the-top "Allah knows how to spell Barrera" quote, and actually spelled out Barrera's name.

Anyone remember how angry he was that the KD against Marquez wasn't called? It's true that it was a legit KD before the foul, but it took him a whole round and about 5 replays to finally admit that Barrera did hit Marquez when he was down.
      Hahaha, gotta say the first thing that went through my my mind when I seen the thread title was Barrera - Hamed. Spelling out Barrera's name was almost as cringeworthy as his Bang Bang rant.

Comment

Bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
            I don't think I've ever heard a stronger, more undisguised example of rampant, slavering at the mouth, fwapping in my pants cocklust than when Lampley commented on Cotto Margarito. Shit was disturbing, yo.
            Very true. Lampley was in his own fantasy world, ignoring what was really happening in the fight he was supposed to be announcing.

Comment

Is this as big as your man crush for floyd?

Comment

1. Barrera
                2. Cotto
                3. De La Hoya

I think with some other guys he just gets excited to try to make it extra dramatic, or is being a good HBO company man.

Comment

Lampley is a really good boxing announcer. He catches people's ears, even non boxing fans. I mean I often have uncles and aunts here that don't even speak English and when i'm watching boxing on HBO, people stop to hear what the hell is going on because Lampley got their attention by shouting with all this excitement. Kellermen and Jones are also good commentators.

Larry Merchant is nothing but a flamer, loudmouth who's best days are long gone. He is the example of what would happen if you give one of these trolling 2010-join-date *******s a mic.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Met-Rx View Post
                    Bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang
                    Would have been funnier if he switched it up like "Badabing!, kaboom!, Wap!, Crash!, Splat!, Wham!, Wapow!, ZAP!"

"Boom shaka laka!"

Comment

1)Pacquiao
                      2)De La Hoya
                      3)Barrera
                      4)Cotto
                      5)Mosley

Honorable mention: Katsidis, and Trinidad.

Comment

Working...
                      X