No announcement yet.

What is the point of Haye having to fight Chagaev or Meehan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the point of Haye having to fight Chagaev or Meehan

I mean, I like Chagaev as much as the next guy.

All this "white tyson" nonsense aside, during his prime Chagaev was a fairly useful heavyweight.

But these days he is way past prime, and also he is boring to watch..

I know many haters will say Chagaev can beat Haye, but you know what, Meehan might even beat Chagaev, and Meehan got KO'd in 30 seconds by Danny Williams!

I mean, the only interesting thing about Haye vs Meehan, would be to see if Haye can break the world record for the fastest Ko in history..

Pretty much, I hate the WBA, they really do suck, and I know for a fact that after this, they will "enforce" Haye vs Valuev too!

Klitschko fans hate Haye, but they also know that Hay vs Klitschko is where the money is, but not if the WBA have their way!

I Agree.

David Haye is a great boxer, fast and has power. After Haye beats Ruiz, Haye vs Vitali has to happen. This would be a great event, and mega for boxing.

Comment

He is riddled with mandatory and rematch obligations vs b.s. fighters yet he chose that path.

He could be in the same scenario only with both Klitschko's had he not pussied out.

He has a problem fighting the #1 Heavyweight and the #2 heavyweight due to a rematch clause (which is standard) yet he decides to be subjected to the same thing only vs worse fighters in a WBA circle jerk.

This is what Haye wanted, stop acting like it isn't.

Comment

I'm sure Haye doesn't mind fighting lessor opponents while he waits to fight what will by then be a 40 year old Vitali.

I don't mind him fighting Chagaev, but Meehan is 40 years old and hasn't fought in a year in a half. If he should somehow land a lucky punch or squeek by Chagaev, Lord help us.

Comment

at least be fair ffs.

meehan was ripped off against brewster, the very next fight after he ko'd wlad. u r being very unfair and u know it.

if u r going to use a ko loss to williams as an argument then thats like saying manny pacquiao is **** cause he got ko'd by a nobody, twice.

meehan is as credible opponent as anybody else. but i agree it is a shame that he has been inactive but has apparently accepted to fight 6 guys in recent times, only for the bouts to not go ahead.

Comment

Working...
          X