Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Talk About Saul Alvarez Chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's above average. But Molina whips his arse EASY.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Seems fine. At the very least its sturdy.

i'd say this ^

it seems sturdy. that's about all we know. he doesnt move his head well, and he's not getting rocked by the smaller and lower class guys he has been fighting. the best puncher he has fought was kermit cintron. shane hit harder than cintron in his prime, but he was badly deteriorated when he fought canelo.

he was rocked by jose cotto (i have not seen that fight in a long time and when i get the chance i'll look at the situation,) but he was very young. he's filled out so much more since then.

we'll certainly find out when he fights a top flight puncher with some speed. he doesnt move his head well. he'll end up relying on his offense to make his opponents keep their guns in their holsters. if a puncher opens up on him eventually he's going to land with his gas.

along those lines (that canelo is deficient defensively and will likely rely on his offense to compensate) i think canelo is due, down the line, for some very exciting fights.

if he does have a very good chin he'll be one half of an action fight. if he doesnt he'll eventually be stopped. the kid boxes like his boxing shoes are stuck in the mud.

so far so good on his chin, i'd say. we'll need to wait until he steps up to know for certain.

Comment

Same posters in here talking about how canelo hasn't been tested and how there aren't big punchers at 154 are the same ones praising bum Chavez Jr for his granite chin! Haha
        Both have fought sh jt opposition and both haven't been tested

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          You don't think Kirkland or Angulo could hurt or really test Alvarez' chin???
          Ahh, foot in mouth. Totally slipped my mind lol. Those two guys are the exception though, and Angulo isn't in any position to fight him. We'll see if Kirk ever gets his title shot.
          Last edited by kiaba360; 08-19-2012, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            Ahh, foot in mouth. Those two guys are the exception though, and Angulo isn't in any position to fight him. We'll see if Kirk ever gets his title shot.
            I think Alvarez-Kirkland could happen in December.

I think they'll bring Angulo back soft late this year. If he were to beat a Bundrage type of fighter, I'd say Alvarez-Angulo is a good fight.

I'd still favor Alvarez to win both of those though.
            Last edited by 4Corners; 08-19-2012, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
              Same posters in here talking about how canelo hasn't been tested and how there aren't big punchers at 154 are the same ones praising bum Chavez Jr for his granite chin! Haha
              Both have fought sh jt opposition and both haven't been tested

andy lee is a very big puncher

so is marco antonio rubio

JR has a very good chin. a good deal of his ability to absorb the punishment also comes from his size. on the night of the fight JR is 180 +lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                I think Alvarez-Kirkland could happen in December.

I think they'll bring Angulo back soft late this year, and than he could fight someone like Rosado. If he were to beat a Rosado or Bundrage type of fighter, I'd say Alvarez-Angulo is a good fight.

I'd still favor Alvarez to win both of those though.

angulo - rosado 2

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  angulo - rosado 2

f**k my bad, totally forgot about that. Should have Boxrec'd it I guess.

Angulo-Bundrage would be good, but Bundrage will duck any good fights waiting on Cotto or Alvarez.

Comment

his chin is good enough to hold up vs the has beens, never will bes, and 2 weight classes lower fighters he's willing to fight.

Comment

Kirkland had his shot but backed out..and i dont want to hear because of his arm..if that was the case he should have never saud yes at first then ask for more money

Comment

Working...
                      X