No announcement yet.

Your thoughts on Sergio Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Considering how much larger he is than Cotto that's perhaps a possibility.

Doesn't change the fact than Darren Barker is not even close to Miguel Cotto's league.
    hey dan who was out there that he didnt fight?

Comment

Originally posted by -KING- View Post
      hey dan who was out there that he didnt fight?
      No one really. Wouldn't say he ducked anyone.

I would have liked to have seen Pirog-Martinez when it was hot.

A fight with Sturm would have been good.

Few others.

Would be good to see him fight Golvkin at some point now he's making noise and if he continues to.

I wouldn't say it's his fault. But, it doesn't change the fact that Barker, Murray, Dzinzurik are not good fights or average fights at very best.

Like I said, the Macklin fight was fine by me considering he should have got the W against Sturm but even that fight wasn't really a fight I was excited about. But again, it was solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        only 2 fights for sergio are floyd and ward. Canelo isnt an upper echelon p4p boxer right now. Floyd likely isn't moving up to fight sergio unless its truly finacially viable but sergio isn't moving up to fight ward for the similar reasons.
        The glaring difference between Floyd & Ward is that Martinez is perfectly willing to meet Floyd at 154. Floyd does not have to move up at all. The same cannot be said about a Ward-Martinez fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          The glaring difference between Floyd & Ward is that Martinez is perfectly willing to meet Floyd at 154. Floyd does not have to move up at all. The same cannot be said about a Ward-Martinez fight.
          Fair point but I still consider floyd a ww. Fighting ODH and Cotto at 154 was more about money IMO.

Of course Sergio would come down to fight floyd for the money, I just can't see floyd taking a fight that may sell less than Cotto unless it's a Guerrero fight designed as a set up for Canelo.

Sergio may get lucky and get floyd in september although thats highly unlikely, especially since the Ring has Ghost in its top 10 p4p and ODH is saying he is FOTY. so its looking like floyd/ghost then floyd/canelo.

Comment

Great fighter, exciting to watch, undercover ****sexual

Comment

Great person and a great champion.

Comment

He's a fantastic fighter who fights everybody of note in his division and then handily whips their ass.

Shame none of the bigger names seem to want to mix it up with him.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  No one really. Wouldn't say he ducked anyone.

I would have liked to have seen Pirog-Martinez when it was hot.

A fight with Sturm would have been good.

Few others.

Would be good to see him fight Golvkin at some point now he's making noise and if he continues to.

I wouldn't say it's his fault. But, it doesn't change the fact that Barker, Murray, Dzinzurik are not good fights or average fights at very best.

Like I said, the Macklin fight was fine by me considering he should have got the W against Sturm but even that fight wasn't really a fight I was excited about. But again, it was solid.

i would love to see Golovkin-Martinez in 2013

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    i would love to see Golovkin-Martinez in 2013
                    So would I.

I'd like to see Golovkin get a solid win or two under his belt then a fight with him and Martinez is logical.

Comment

He's one of the best current fighters in the sport right now. He has beat everybody that Lou Dibella put in front of him.

Comment

Working...
                      X